All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
So very constipated new
      #304346 - 04/09/07 11:11 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

What do I do when I just can't go? Nothing is coming out and it's killing me. My back hurts, I'm crabby, and I feel like I'm never gonna poop again.

What do I do????

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: So very constipated new
      #304351 - 04/09/07 11:25 AM
AndrewIBSC

Reged: 03/23/07
Loc: PHiladelphia, PA

I am sorry to hear about your situation. However, I am in the same boat right now and am interested in seeing what others have to say. When I get like this I usually binge eat to get things moving. Not really practical but it works. Good luck

#304357 - 04/09/07 11:42 AM
Jordy

I'm the complete opposite. I don't want to put anything into my already filled up body. There is no room! I'm full of poop!

Maybe I should binge...never tried that one!

I think I'm gonna have to do a fleets enema. That may be a short term solution. Gosh, not even Miralax is touching this!

Are you always like this?

I hope someone can help us soon! I honestly am getting nauseous from this. How can it just stay in me? I'm drinking and walking. It's like my body has just shut down.

--------------------

Re: So very constipated
      #304362 - 04/09/07 11:49 AM
AndrewIBSC

Don't Binge because in the end it's not worth it. Anyway, I have been trying the diet for about one month and although the pain and bloating have somewhat subsided the constipation has not. So as a result I have butt pain and it is very unconfortable. I have been trying to not use laxatives and I stopped Zelnorm about two months ago. Now I take Benefiber 4 times a day and Natural Calm in the morning. I hate being constipated because it makes me pissed off at the world and I'm not usually like this. How does Miralax work for you?

Re: So very constipated (more info added) new
      #304364 - 04/09/07 11:54 AM
Jordy

I think SFS just contstipate me more, but I'm not sure. It's like they sit in my body and accumilate.

Miralax usually has been such a relief for me!! I usually do at least a little every day. I stopped it for a few days because I was trying to see if stopping would help the gas, pain, bloat. Also, the BMs were always incomplete and messy.
I've started it back up again, but it's not kicking in!

--------------------

#304365 - 04/09/07 12:04 PM
AndrewIBSC

do you do Heather's diet. I know you don't take SFS but have you had success w/ anything else on this website?

#304369 - 04/09/07 12:46 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

I'd try the fleets suppository at this point, Jordy! I finally bought myself some "just in case"... You got the ones that are just plain glycerin, right? Let me know how it goes! Sorry you feel so rotten.

If your BMs were "messy"... the SFS should help bulk things up for you.

I know how you feel! I understand the urge to binge, but don't do it! You'll just end up feeling worse.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#304371 - 04/09/07 12:51 PM
Jordy

Awe, Lisa Marie, you always find time to try and help me!

You think a suppository would be better than the enema?

what happens if you binge?

--------------------

#304373 - 04/09/07 12:56 PM
Lisa Marie

Reged: 07/17/06
Loc: Lakewood, CO

Yeah, I would try the suppository. They work within 15-60 minutes. I gave in and tried one a week or two ago. I don't know anything about enemas...

Bingeing will just make you feel MORE full and backed up. And fat!! I always feel fat when I'm constipated, and bingeing just adds to that which makes me depressed and upset.... Like I said, it will just make things worse!!

Hope the suppository works for you! A friend of mine swears by the Colace suppositories, but I can only find Colace pills at my Walgreens. I bought Fleet suppositories; they're VERY cheap - maybe $2 for 12 of them? Check the ingredients, it should only contain glycerin.

Good luck! I'm here for ya

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Lisa, IBS-C (Vegan)
Stable since July 2007!
Mommy to Rhiannon Marie (Dec. 13, 2008)

#304376 - 04/09/07 01:01 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

sorry you are feeling so bad. i know how you feel. i've been there. hope you feel better and maybe do try the fleets. i personally don't like enemas so i would go for the supp. i thought that enemas were susposed to irratate?
sending you : 's

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Edited by lunablue (04/09/07 01:34 PM)

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 538 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2130

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review