All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
REALLY SCARED HAVEN'T HAD A BM IN ALMOST 5 DAYS! new
      #297327 - 01/19/07 03:21 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

HELP PLEASE I HAVEN'T HAD A BM IN 5 DAYS I HAVE UP MY IF BIG TIME TODAY AND TOOK 1 TABLESPOON OF MOM ABOUT 1/2 AN HOUR AGO NOW I FEEL A LITTLE NAUSEA AND LIGHT HEADED! I DON'T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO DO I AM SCARED AND I AM CRYING SO HARD! PLEASE ANY ONE HELP ME NOW!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: REALLY SCARED HAVEN'T HAD A BM IN ALMOST 5 DAYS! new
      #297329 - 01/19/07 03:32 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Oh, I'm sorry you're feeling so terrible. But don't be scared! And don't panic because this will just make you feel worse. You'll be okay. Five days isn't too long - and it can happen especially after having several attacks over the weekend.

Make yourself some tea (peppermint or ginger or chamomile), eat something if you can, and maybe that will help your nausea. I don't know too much about Milk of Magnesia or how it works, but maybe someone else can let you know how soon it should work. You could try doing some of the yoga exercises Heather provides on her site: Yoga Poses for IBS Otherise, I think it would help to make yourself comfortable, do something to distract your mind from obsessing over having a BM.

Hugs!

Re: REALLY SCARED HAVEN'T HAD A BM IN ALMOST 5 DAYS!
      #297330 - 01/19/07 03:33 PM
ellyblue

Reged: 01/15/07

well don't be scared! I recently went ELEVEN days! Had to do something so I took 3 Ex-lax. If IBS-C is your problem, you might try Dulcolax, one pill in a.m., one pill p.m. After, of course, you have "emptied".
Good luck!

#297343 - 01/19/07 04:59 PM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Yeah, as ellyblue sais, that's what I used to do too, when I hadn't gone for more than 7 days straight -- take ex lax. It works.

That's if the MOM doesn't work. I hope it does, but it did nothing for me. Luckily the Mag citrate worked like a charm (you might want to have some of that handy for later use, have you ever taken that, aka Natural Calm?).

I understand why you're scared, but really, it's not that bad. You have options. Take ex lax.

#297347 - 01/19/07 06:13 PM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

please don't be scared, relax take some MOM, a warm bath or heating pad helps . just think to yourself you will get thru' this.
---hug---

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

Re: REALLY SCARED! WHAT DO I DO NOW? new
      #297354 - 01/19/07 07:46 PM
emmasmom

OK I TOOK THE MOM 2 TWICE AND ALL I'M GETTING IS GAS! I HAVE A LITTLE CRAMPING BESIDES THAT I REALLY DON'T FEEL BAD! I TOOK A WARM BATH! WATCH TV ATE SOME SUPER (SWEET POT) AND GRILLED CHICKEN SAND & APPLESAUCE) NOTHING I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO. DO I NEED TO WORRY OR GO TO THE ER? i WAS ALSO TOLD TO TAKE A COLACE IS IT HEALTHY TO PUT THAT MUCH IN ME?

#297369 - 01/20/07 12:11 AM
sun

Reged: 11/26/06

i hope you are doing better.

--------------------
ibs-c,gerd,small hiatal hernia ...thank you for the board and for helping me with my questions.<3

#297373 - 01/20/07 05:19 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

So, did you try taking ex lax? MOM didn't do ANYTHING for me (didn't make me go, I mean, just the side effects).

Going to the ER would not be a nice experience.

Re: try cleansemore new
      #297377 - 01/20/07 06:07 AM
jenny833

Reged: 11/05/05

take 2 CleanseMore capsules by Renew Life

Re: I FINLEY WENT! YEAH! new
      #297414 - 01/20/07 01:12 PM
emmasmom

YES I FINLLEY HAD A BM! BUT MY STOMACH MAKING ALL KINDS OF SOUNDS NOW! HOW DO I KEEP THIS FROM NOT HAPPENING AGAIN?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1277 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2490

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review