All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)
trapped gas suddently appears?
      #286215 - 10/12/06 04:40 PM
feelinggood

Reged: 09/11/06

Does anyone find that trapped gas just creeps up on them out of the blue - I have been eating pretty much safe foods during the last two days and yets trapped gas has appeared? I am wondering if it has as much to do with stres as the diet? Debbie IBS_C

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: trapped gas suddently appears? new
      #286399 - 10/14/06 03:50 AM
beezhighness4

Reged: 10/07/06
Loc: Lynchburg, VA

Absolutely! This happens to me quite frequently. I practically live on gas-x and beeno which help but it's still very frustrating.

#286868 - 10/18/06 04:14 AM
Karen_J

Reged: 10/18/06

This is my first post to this group and I can't believe how many people are experiencing the same symptoms as me. I felt alone until tonight. I am sick of the bloating, embarrassing gas and the abdominal pain. I feel like everything I eat causes me pain and gives me lot of gas (which doesn't go anywhere!). I have terrible C and bloating all the time. I was really laughing when I read the "I miss pooping" threads... I'm not alone!!!

Jules, I get that 'moveable' gas that you describe. Have you found anything that works? I have tried heating pads, yoga and gas-x... nothing seems to consistently work. Yoga seems to be the best but only if its a long session.

To help increase regularity, I've tried Metamucil and drank heaps of water but that doesn''t work either. Just more gas and still no BM. I exercise regularly... at least 45 mins a day of biking, I eat healthy and I just can't shake this. I've seen doctors and they tell me I have IBS-C... and lactose intolerant. I read ingredients of everything and somehow I still end up with a bad tummy.

Anyhow, enough of my complaining... its nice to hear other people are feeling the same as me.
I think I'll try Milk of Magnesium next... seems as though I've tried everything else.
Good luck everyone.
Namaste.

#286870 - 10/18/06 05:12 AM
Jeio

Reged: 09/28/06

Hi, Karen_J, welcome to the group!

I have tried Milk of Magnesia and it didn't work at all for me. Now I am trying Natural Calm (by which so many people here are swearing) and we shall see how this works, cause otherwise I am on Miralax (a prescription laxative) and don't want to be on it all my life.

My simptoms were pretty much like yours, however the Miralax helps only with the C I think, gas was still there until I discovered beano (thanks to this board!). Beano doesn't take care of ALL the gas, however it generally reduces its quantity greatly (I mean it only works for beans, and several other things, right?).

If you are lactose intollerant, are you eating any milk or other dairy products? Because that's how lactose intollerance manifests itself -- with lots and lots of gas. You can try eliminating dairy and see what happens. Eliminating dairy is a magor part of the diet this board is all about -- it's Heather's Eating for IBS diet. Are you familiar with that? If not, just look around the site www.helpforibs.com (not the message boards, rather the site itself) and you might find that it's what you are eating that is causing your problems.

#286966 - 10/18/06 05:55 PM
andreww

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Fairfax, VA

I've recently discovered that Digestive Enzymes make my world a wonderul place.

Digestive enzymes new
      #286968 - 10/18/06 06:07 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

What brand and how many do you take with your meals? Do you take them with snacks too?

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

GNC. they seem to be my miracle cure.. new
      #286972 - 10/18/06 06:21 PM
andreww

Reged: 01/17/06
Loc: Fairfax, VA

or at least I've got my fingers crossed so far.

5 days with very minor symptoms.

Edited by andreww (10/18/06 06:22 PM)

Wouldn't that be wonderful! new
      #286973 - 10/18/06 06:23 PM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Thank you Andrew! How many do you take with meals and snacks?

Can I ask, do you take an SFS? they seem to be increasing my gas big time.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

Re: Digestive Enzymes new
      #286982 - 10/18/06 07:21 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Hey Jordy, I like Andrew, take the GNC "Multi Enzymes" I started about 6 weeks ago---I have NOT had any IBS symptoms since. I take 2 capsules before my meal. I also take the Primal Defense Probiotic once in the am when I get up and just before bed. Both work best on an empty stomach. I have normal bathroom times now, and gas and pain have gone. I think most people have trouble digesting food because the natural enzymes in our food are broken down when cooked. Processed foods are esp. difficult to digest. If you take any meds or have taken antibiotics in your life, I strongly suggest purchasing both...you need to replenish your own enzyme stores as well as good bacterial flora. Good luck!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

for Lumiere new
      #286991 - 10/18/06 08:31 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

I just ordered the Primal Defense (was previously taking acidophilus and culturelle..small amounts). How do the digestive enzymes work? I take the Acacia with each meal. Do you really think that adding the digestive enzymes will really help? (I'm IBS-D) I'm feeling relief already (about a month into this) but honestly, I really don't feel like adding one more thing to take/carry/remember into my day unless it will really make a difference. Thanks.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | >> (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 412 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25311

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review