All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
Re: breakfast new
      #274660 - 07/19/06 03:22 AM
Sommer

Reged: 02/09/04
Loc: Phoenix, Arizona USA

*giggle* Well, I'm normally not a breakfast person, but here's some things I eat:
I prefer unsweetened Silk brand soy milk for cereals and cooking.
I've found that Honey Nut Cheerios don't taste very good with soy milk, lol, maybe almond milk would taste better, get it? Honey Nut Cheerios are made with almonds... :P Haven't yet tried almond or rice milk though.

Um, Honeycomb Cereal tastes awesome with unsweetened Silk Soy milk. So does that cereal made with corn flakes, strawberries, and honey clusters, I forgot what it's called. Maybe Honey Bunches of Oats with Strawberries? Except what I ate was the generic brand and it was excellent.

A smoothie made with unsweetened Silk soy milk, some type of frozen berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries), bananas, Hershey's chocolate syrup...etc.

On the weekends my BF will sometimes make us hashbrowns, turkey bacon, he eats real eggs, he makes me Egg Beaters, blueberry pancakes (although I don't remember if the pancakes are dairy-free; they are made from a mix, the brand is Krusteaz), and of course margarine and syrup.

Sometimes I don't eat "breakfast" food at all, I just eat whatever I'm in the mood for or whatever we have on hand.

--------------------
XOXO from lil' ol' me. (IBS-C, mood disorders, etc., etc.)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

MMmm corn pops... :) NP new
      #274661 - 07/19/06 03:23 AM
Sommer

--------------------

#274662 - 07/19/06 03:32 AM
Sommer

GaiasSong, (pretty name btw), I also will sometimes eat oatmeal, but I only like the instant stuff for some reason, really picky about the consistency and texture of my food. I eat Quaker Instant Apples and Cinnamon, Maple and Brown Sugar, Cinnamon Spice, and one other flavor I can't think of atm.

I also will eat baby food sometimes. Gerber or BeechNut brand 2nd or 3rd foods, applesauce, other fruit blends, rice cereal with bananas (haven't yet tried the rice cereal with mixed fruit yet). I love 2nd foods-type baby food, lol! Usually, I can find kinds that don't have dairy and if the wheat content is low enough ont he ingredient list, I am usually okay with it.

Nature Valley Granola Bars (crunchy Peanut Butter, Banana Nut, and Honey) and Nature Valley Chewy Trail Mix (almonds, cranberries and raisins are in the bars).

I absolutely LOVE Sun-Maid Fruit Bits. I literally can just sit and scarf them down.

--------------------

I MISS COFFEE :'( new
      #274663 - 07/19/06 03:34 AM
Sommer

Even caffeine-free coffee seems to cramp me up badly. And it taunts me that Silk (my favorite brand of soy milk, soy yogurt and soy smoothies) makes Silk coffee creamer! *Sigh* oh woe is me. Heh.

--------------------

#274664 - 07/19/06 03:53 AM
Sommer

Hi, Dee! Wow, good for you, taking care of 30 8th graders, coaching, and a PE teacher?! Goodness, I couldn't imagine. I miss when I was physically fit enough to handle all that lol! I know how you feel, I get so sick sometimes if I don't eat often enough that I literally can't eat, ironically. I have to eat at least six or more times a day; I get full quickly, and half an hour or so later am starving. For example, today I was unable to eat for over six hours and I was so sick to my stomach with gas and nausea that the look, thought, and smell of food made me feel even worse, even though I was starving.

The only thing that comes to mind, are baby food (like 2nd and 3rd foods by Gerber and BeechNut that you safe for you - for example I couldn't eat the foods with beef - instant oatmeal, Gerber rice cereal (they have a plain kind that doesn't contain fruit or bananas), Um, if you can eat peanut butter, PB toast or PB english muffin. If you can handle the skin of fruit like green apples, you can bring those along to school, again golden delicious apples and peanut butter are great. A weird combo, but really yummy if you're okay with a little bit of salt is dipping golden delicious apples into salt (just dip a corner of an apple wedge into a smidgen of salt). It's actually really yummy. Grab one of those big, cheapie plastic cups, fill with cereal and your favorite non-dairy milk and you can literally drink and eat the cereal on the go, or just pack the cereal dry. Or bring an entire box and stick it in your desk. My sophomore English teacher always taunted us by eating in front of us and reminding us that we weren't allowed to eat in class, hehe. I don't know if any of these will help, since I've never had to worry about watching my calories (yet!). Oh, Silk makes yummy soy yogurt and smoothies (they have a peach and a raspberry, so you don't have to worry about the strawberry flavor), and they also have the yogurt in a few flavors too, iirc. Good luck.

--------------------

Re: Yep, that's what my grandfather does, too -Alright where do I find these steel-cut oats?
      #274665 - 07/19/06 04:00 AM
Sommer

After reading some of these steel-cut oats postings done in the crockpot, I'm very interested. Where can I find this type of oatmeal and can we pretty please have a "Steel-Cut Oatmeal in the Crockpot" recipe? I would like the kind that is the long-cooking kind. I don't like thick oatmeal, but I think I'm grooving on this idea.... Thanks all!

--------------------

Re: breakfast
      #274666 - 07/19/06 04:05 AM
Sommer

Quote:

Well here in Spain all I can find to eat is white bread. I'm getting FAT!

But when I'm at home, I found some really great instant Organic oatmeal. It tastes good and the nice thing about that in comparison with Quaker is that it seems to fill me up more. With my oatmeal, I like to put a couple spoonfuls of mandarin oranges. Sometimes instead of the oatmeal, I'll have cream of rice. It's easy on the tummy and about as mild as a food you can find. I also will eat an english muffin with soy butter and have a cup of chamomile tea.

Mmmm, simple things but what I wouldn't give to eat them right now! I swear the Spaniards have no digestive problems!!!

Your post was a riot, Flipada. I eat white bread too, sourdough, french bread, and honey oat. Cream of Rice, huh? That' doesn't bother you at all? Anytime I see "cream" of anything, it freaks me out and I mumble to myself "great, another dairy product I probably will regret eating..." Mm, I love mandarin oranges, but never tried them on oatmeal. Only on salads and right out of the can!

--------------------

#274667 - 07/19/06 04:09 AM
Sommer

Quote:

I am a coffee addict who had to give up the goods in March--I have seen a difference in my flares because my primary drink is just water now. Coffee causes me instant cramping. But I miss it a lot!!!

Same here!

Btw, I bought a Luna Bar because it was on one of the sticky posts that Heather has up from one of the moderators who collected a list of snacks that many ppl here are able to eat. I haven't yet tried it. Most energy bars make me nervous because I'm not sure about the dairy or lack thereof. I've had the Luna Bar sitting in my cupboard for about 3 weeks now. It sounds like dessert though, chocolate and peppermint flavor.

--------------------

#274668 - 07/19/06 04:12 AM
Sommer

I forgot to add another thing I will sometimes do. They are really expensive, but I found that Glucerna (a diabetic shake to help control blood sugar) is lactose-free. I think it's gluten-free, too, but don't remember and don't have the box. My favorite flavor is Butter Pecan. Strawberry is decent and I don't remember if I've tried the chocolate flavor yet. I will drink these for or with breakfast, during the day as a snack, etc.

--------------------

#275398 - 07/24/06 07:49 AM
annfromnepa

Reged: 07/24/06
Loc: Pennsylvania, USA

Hi, my name is Ann, I'm new to this site. I had a gastric bypass two years ago. So I have to incorporate high protein into my diet. For breakfast, what usually keeps me going until noon is cooked oatmeal, then I add Unjury vanilla protein (You can use any type) powder that I have mixed with milk. I seems to work for me, hope this helps.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 2553 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 40045

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review