All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Intestinal gas
      #246832 - 02/16/06 03:11 PM
Vmae

Reged: 10/15/05

Help!! The Acacia has worked miracles for me. I've suffered from constipation for many, many years, but after months of working with the Acacia I'm free of laxatives. The problem I have.. still.. is trapped gas in the splenic Flexion area of my intestine. Every afternoon it starts. I have Interstitial Cystitis so drinking fennel tea causes me problems with concerning the bladder. I also have GERD, so taking Heather's peppermint capsules isn't an option. I have tried Phayzme, charcoal tabs, Beano, Prelief.. you name it. Nothing seems to help. Can anyone out there in "webland" offer me some advice? Thank you.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Intestinal gas new
      #246840 - 02/16/06 03:55 PM
renee21

Reged: 06/02/05
Loc: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I also have major problems with gas. I recommend doing a search for "gas" on this site - there are a lot of posts about what helps/what doesn't.
Also, you might want to go to the website www.badgut.com and click on the link "intestinal gas" on the left. It gives some helpful info about the causes of gas, and things you shouldn't do like chew gum, slurp hot liquids, drink from water bottles, etc etc, all which increase the amount of air you swallow.

--------------------
IBS-C, lots of spasm and trapped gas.

#246848 - 02/16/06 04:37 PM
Jojo1

Reged: 02/13/06
Loc: WV

I have the same problem and, in fact, I just went to the Dr. today and was put on a 10 day course of Flagyl for bacterial overgrowth (SIBO). I understand from an article on IBS from MedicineNet.com that bacterial overgrowth is a common problem for IBS sufferers. Have you had a blood test or a hydrogen breath test to rule out that possibility? I have asked him to consider whether he could prescribe Flora-Q or another probiotic when I go back after this course of meds.

#246889 - 02/16/06 09:01 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

Probiotics help with relieving gas, although you may not notice a difference until a few weeks to maybe 2 months. Another thing you can try is yoga.

#246928 - 02/17/06 06:45 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I hate to suggest this, but have you thought about stopping the Acacia? Ginger thought the acacia was great because it was helping her BMs...but she also had gas. Once she switched to Benefiber, she still had the BMs, but the gas was gone! She is very happy she decided to try another SFS even though the Acacia gave her some good BM results.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 906 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1299

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review