All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
It's nice to hear that you can get stable without using an SFS! new
      #252892 - 03/18/06 08:13 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

I tend to think they cause me a little more bloating and gas. I'm not sure if I should keep trying them or just give up on them all together. My GI says they are really gas and bloat producers for IBS folks...and don't help them too much. Who knows what to believe anymore. Not I.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: It's nice to hear that you can get stable without using an SFS! new
      #252898 - 03/18/06 09:11 AM
Aly

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Columbus, Ohio

I hear ya! I tried all of the SFS at some point, but the fact is I felt more bloated and gassy... normally I am more pain predominant, so the overwhelming gas stuff hurt me more than helped...so it didn't work. I guess IBS is one of thsoe things that no one can help you with exactly. Advice is fantastic, but its so different for everyone that it really is tough! I still have my days, but hopefully I am on my way to dealing with it and not as much crying anymore!

--------------------
IBS-A

Re: Thoughts on Miralax new
      #252910 - 03/18/06 11:23 AM
rasirh

Reged: 03/18/06

my 6 year old takes miralax and has for years- it is not absorbed by the body- it stays in the digestive tract- therefore it remains pretty safe

Re: Thoughts on Miralax new
      #253094 - 03/19/06 05:21 PM
jules

Reged: 06/17/03
Loc: Michigan

Augie:

"What are you're stools like with the Miralax? Mine are real mushy, narrow, and constant all day....and incomplete evacuation too. I also have bloating and gas. Does the Miralax do that to you?

Or do you just have a good, complete BM once or even twice a day? That's how I thought it was going to work"

This is EXACTLY what's going on with me. I started Miralax two weeks ago. I'm very disappointed in the results.

I'm very bloated and it's frustrating!

--------------------
~jules

Re: Thoughts on Miralax...on another note new
      #253101 - 03/19/06 06:18 PM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

This has nothing to do with what you guys are talking about, but this is just something that bothered me. I was at my fiance's parent's house today, and he saw a bottle of miralax with his 14 yr old sister's name on it. His mom said that she's been a little constipated, so the doctor gave it to her. This really bugged me because I know that this girl does not get anywhere near enough fiber in her diet, and the doctor didn't even think to mention that. He just wrote out a prescription! Occasional constipation for the average non-IBS person should not be dealt with this way!

--------------------
Kim

Hey Jules! new
      #253140 - 03/20/06 06:56 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Are you going to continue the Miralax? Are you taking anything in addition to the Miralax, like SFS, triphala, or magnesium?

I had a short period where my BMs were more normal....not mushy and all day, but a few complete and more solid. Sorry, so gross! I decided to add a little calcium to the mix. I thought it had soved the problem, but now I'm back to how they were in the beginning....just like yours. But overall, I think the Miralax is worth it...just to get some of this "crap" out of me everyday! I have only missed a few days out of months, that I didn't get some sort of BM. That's a relief knowing that if it doesn't happen in the am....it might later...and usually does. Before, if it didn't happen in the am....it didn't happen at all! So, now I have the hope that maybe the whole day won't be ruined if my morning is "uneventful".

Whatcha think? Are you gong to keep taking it? Keep me updated and I will do the same! Oh, have you tried playing around with the dosage? I usually never take a full dose unless I'm really feeling C. More often, it's 3/4Th of a dose.

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1074 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9617

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review