All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
Re: Kate~ new
      #225665 - 11/17/05 09:43 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

Well, I'm not Kate...but I do know that orange flavoring would def contribute to mine!

Is it a citrus flavor by any chance? maybe I'm over sensative but that could def upset my tummy! I couldn't take citrucel...I don't recall what it did to my tummy...but i know that citrucel and I did not get along at all

how are you feeling today? *hugs*

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Choking hazard?!?! new
      #225668 - 11/17/05 09:47 AM
Snow for Sarala

Reged: 03/12/03
Loc: West Coast, USA

YES! Citrucel made me nauseous and bloated....the stuff was way harsh...and I could never seem to drink enough water with it...

And it is a serious choking hazard! If you don't get enough water it really won't go down right

Good for you for switching (sorry if I am offending anyone that takes it...I do NOT mean to! if it works for you that's GREAT...it just gave me bad tummy days!)

--------------------
Formerly known as Ruchie

Re: Kate~ new
      #225674 - 11/17/05 10:07 AM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

Hey Ruchie! You're just a sweetheart! I'm doing okay, today. My doctor changed up all my prescriptions and we'll see if it makes me any better. I was supposed to have my gall bladder hida scan tomorrow morning but I woke up again this morning at 3:00am with horrible reflux and had to take a bunch of stuff for it. So, I called the nurse this morning and told her that I was going to have to reschedule the appt again. Now that he (gi doc) really wants to get this hida scan done, he's actually starting to do something about this reflux.

I take the Citrucel clear, but it still tastes sweet. Yea, the orange citrucel does not do well with me at all. It makes my reflux worse and gives me worse D, but drinking the clear citrucel is just like drinking benefiber, but a whole lot thicker!!. It's like glue!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

Re: Hey Ruchie new
      #225678 - 11/17/05 10:08 AM
anlikerm

How should I make the switch?? Do you get bloated with Benefiber when you first start taking it??
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: Hey Ruchie new
      #225681 - 11/17/05 10:11 AM
tcollins

Reged: 01/19/05
Loc: Mississippi, USA

I tried Benefiber but it tasted like drinking liquid with sand in to. I could never get it to dissolve completely.

Terry

Ginger new
      #225682 - 11/17/05 10:14 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

The bottled powder says to take it with 4 oz of liquid per Tablespoon. So for 12 oz of water, you could use 3 T of powder (9 grams fiber).

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

Re: Hey Terri! new
      #225683 - 11/17/05 10:15 AM
anlikerm

My juice plus shipped yesterday! I can't wait to get it. My doctor told me this morning to get a multi-vitamin because I'm not eating well enough and I told him that I already had one on the way. I can't wait to get some nutrition in my system. I feel soo weak......

Did you get bloated up when you took the Benefiber??
Have you tried the caplets?? I have the caplets sitting in my pantry but haven't taken any of them, yet.

Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: EPA!!! new
      #225698 - 11/17/05 11:09 AM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Holy Cow!

The math sounds right to me.

1 Tbsp. dissolves just fine in 1/2 c. fluid or soft food. Heck, I mix it with applesauce all the time! I'll add it to a soup or smoothie or sauce/dressing. I'll mix it with tea/teecino.
I generally take 2 tbsp. in one sitting, i.e. 6 g SF. You can add it to oatmeal, or hot cereal, I suspect. I've mixed it with soy yogurt even.

Wow, you actually pop that many Benefiber caps. in a day?

Aie caramba, Epa. Honestly, the powder is a breeze.

Kate.

Re: Michelle new
      #225699 - 11/17/05 11:12 AM
Wind

I'd start with 2 Tbsp., taken 1 Tbsp. at a time and see how you respond.

I don't get gassy from it or bloated. No nausea, either.

I take 4-6 Tbsp. per day. With any SF supplement you need to drink lots of fluid as well.

Kate.

Re: Michelle/reflux & sweetners new
      #225701 - 11/17/05 11:17 AM
Wind

Yes. Sweetners are a bad thing. They make me gag. Also, they give me D. Stevia, and well...sugar of all kinds are the only safe kind. Honey, though, gives me MEGA acid. Not sugar, just honey.

Is Citrucel plain or flavoured? If it's flavoured, the flavour could be making your reflux worse. When I read the name "Citrucel" I immediately think Citrus and that's a huge reflux trigger. Benefiber powder has NO flavours, no sweeteners.

Hehe...guargum in also PREBIOTIC.

Kate.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1262 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 26357

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review