All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Advice needed on how to break a cycle I'm on... new
      #217391 - 10/04/05 12:15 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

I had a D attack last weekend and b/c I was out, I overloaded on the immodium. I didn't go for 2 days. Then I didn't get D but went a ton and was at work so I had to do immodium again. Didn't go for 2 days. Now today the same thing. I didn't want to do the immodium but b/c I was at work, I simply cannot get up 10x in the morning to go. I simply hate this. Now I'm afraid the same thing will happen. Does this ever happen to any of you? Get a little constipated from the immodium or lomotil or whatever and then make up for it big time? I was actually thinking of hardly eating anything now but I'm very thin and can't afford to lose any weight. ACK!

Help! Thanks!
Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Advice needed on how to break a cycle I'm on... new
      #217404 - 10/04/05 12:53 PM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Eat nothing but SF, take a max of half a dose of Immodium and up your SFS dose.

And next time eat more SF and less Immodium!

I agree with Linz!
      #217433 - 10/04/05 03:03 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I was on a viscious cycle with diarrhea, too, and kept taking Imodium every day and then I would get so constipated that I would get nauseous and couldn't even eat, anything!! So, I quit taking the Imodium and now I'm doing Pepto and more SF and it's getting better. I feel a bit better and am not as nauseous!
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

What helps me when I take Immodium new
      #217447 - 10/04/05 04:43 PM
heather robin

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: S.E. Pennsylvania

First I take 1/2 of a pill. Next I drink double the amount of liquids, so about 128 oz, for the next few days, take my regular amount of SFS, and follow the IBS diet to the tee, no cheating. 99% of the time this keeps me from "rebounding" w/D or having to go a lot.

I used to take 1-2 pills and on top of it over eat(or eat more hight fiber foods) thinking it "push" the Immodium out of my system when it would just cause more D!

It might be just a matter of finding the right dosage to stop your D, so you can do what you need to do and liquids.
Good luck

--------------------
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1284 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 699

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review