All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
just got back from my gastro doctor. I have to have an endoscopy (m)
      #191791 - 07/05/05 10:05 AM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

and ultrasound as he thinks I have may have gastritis. I have had upper stomach pains for awhile now that comes and goes. He gave me samples of Nexium to try but one of the side effects could be D and since I lean towards IBS-D, I'd rather not have that symptom! Did anyone try Nexium and have not that effect? I always feel like it's something you know? He also said there is no harm in using Immodium as a preventive and not to worry if take a Lomotril or Bentyl for a preventive occasionally. He said why put yourself through the anxiety of going out if you don't have to? (like when you really don't want to worry about going so much.) I like him but really would prefer not to take these tests. He said it seemed entirely different that my IBS so I guess it's better go be safe than sorry.

Sandy

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: just got back from my gastro doctor. I have to have an endoscopy (m) new
      #191797 - 07/05/05 10:21 AM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

But the tests will rule out some things and find new problems if they exist! I know they are a pain, but better safe than sorry.

PS: I do feel your pain, though. I've had two pelvic ultrasounds in the last 6 months because of ovarian cysts. And today, I am prepping for both an endoscopy and a colonoscopy that are both tomorrow morning.

The human body is such a wonderful thing, isn't it?

Re: just got back from my gastro doctor. I have to have an endoscopy (m) new
      #191799 - 07/05/05 10:26 AM
Portageegal

Reged: 06/28/05
Loc: Massachusetts

I was worried, too, when I had one a few weeks ago. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and the prep was nothing compared to the colonoscopy. The Dr. said "we're going to give you a little someting to calm you" and next thing I knew I was waking up in recovery. He found I had an inflamed esophagus and hiatal hernia. I have to see him in a couple of weeks for my follow-up visit.
don't worry (like I did .. for nothing) At least you'll know for sure what is going on when he's done.
Carol

--------------------
Carol

nós somos o que nós somos e o descanso é merda

Oh, they're fine! new
      #191822 - 07/05/05 10:57 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

Easy peasy compared to some of the stuff we go through. And it's so important to get on top of GERDs or gastritis...you don't want ulcers or oesophagal cancer now, do you?

I took Prevacid and loved it...no side effects. Now I'm on Prilosec and while I don't like it so much, there's still no D. They're worth the risk IMHO...and you can always take it with an Immodium.

Yup...I've had two pelvic ultrasounds in the last two months for (m) new
      #191908 - 07/05/05 01:36 PM
Sandyg

Reged: 09/13/04

follow-up on a cyst. Honestly, I go through so much stuff with this body...even pregnancies aren't common for me as far as testing! My husband cowers at the thought of anything....he's such a baby! Here I am, colonoscopy, ultrasounds, now endoscopy! ACK!

I feel your pain!
Sandy

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2471 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 422

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review