Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
For those of you who can't take hormonal contraceptives new
      #155937 - 03/02/05 02:06 PM
dmdentre

Reged: 06/09/04
Loc: New England

Hello all
I have been trying various forms of the pill for a few years now and have come to the conclusion that they make me sick For those of you who can't take hormones because of your IBS, do any of you use the IUD or the diaphragm? Any luck with either or any other suggestions? Thank you so much for your help!

Danielle

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

In the same boat new
      #155956 - 03/02/05 02:48 PM
little suzy

Reged: 12/02/04
Loc: Maine

Hi-
I'm afraid I don't really have an answer for you--I stopped taking hormonal birth control last November because it seemed to be making me sick. So far I've just been using condoms, I haven't found any other options as good as the pill...

Re: In the same boat-me too. Have been forever! new
      #155970 - 03/02/05 03:39 PM
doubletrouble

Reged: 11/14/04
Loc: Canberra, Australia

Hi! I've never been able to take the pill and I've tried just about every pill available. I haven't really found an alternative other than condoms either. IUD's really scare me, and now days some of them contain hormones anyway (like mirena)and I don't really trust myself to use a diapraghm (sp?) properly.After 3 kids (one set of twins and a one in three chance of having twins again) we're hoping a doc will give DH the snip soon so we won't have to worry any more. If you find a good alternative please post and let me know!

--------------------
Amy

#155976 - 03/02/05 03:56 PM
e_mcmaster

Reged: 01/16/05
Loc: Norman, Oklahoma

Wow you have one understanding husband to use a condom so faithfully! Mine makes the biggest deal out of us having to use one occasionally (like if I get on antibiotics or something) but all condoms seem to irritate his skin, so he's not just being a jerk.

What about spermicide or those little VCF films? I've used those before and it worked well enough. The pill doesn't seem to bother me at all.

--------------------
Elizabeth

all those years it wasn't IBS - it was celiac!
send me an email: liz@dopple.net

Re: For those of you who can't take hormonal contraceptives new
      #155980 - 03/02/05 04:08 PM
Lyndsey

Reged: 02/16/05
Loc: Bay Area, CA

That's way too weird, i thought last year when i was on a different type of birth control that it could be causing me to get sick...i'm on the patch now.....i haven't seemed to have a problem with it. but at the same time, i'm just learning what is and isn't ok for my body....hence my post asking about amy's mac and cheeze...

diaghragm here...
      #156001 - 03/02/05 04:34 PM
khyricat

Reged: 08/05/04
Loc: Michigan

I got so sick on hormonal birth control that after the 3rd month on something different that made me sick and gave me black blood clots I gave up...

--------------------
Dietetics Student (anticipating RD exam in Aug 2010)
IBS - A
Dairy Allergic
Fructose and MSG intollerant

#156003 - 03/02/05 04:35 PM
little suzy

We've tried spermicide with condoms (didn't trust using it alone), but it didn't work for me--it can be very irritating and uncomfortable to say the least....I think what we really need is something men could take !

Here, here Suzy! What ever happened to that men's "pill" they were trialling?-nt new
      #156011 - 03/02/05 04:47 PM
doubletrouble

--------------------
Amy

Re: Here, here Suzy! What ever happened to that men's "pill" they were trialling?-nt new
      #156060 - 03/02/05 06:45 PM
little suzy

If all goes well, I think it could be available in ten years, if i remember what I read right....
But i want it right now!

10 years!?!?!? new
      #156105 - 03/02/05 08:44 PM
doubletrouble

Goodness me. DH will definately be allowed the snip by then! Wow. 10 years. I thought it would be something available in the near future if not already available. Wonder why they need to test it for THAT long? Okay, next idea.....

--------------------
Amy

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1250 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1498

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review