Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Digestive Enzymes
      #1531 - 02/27/03 02:28 AM
Claire

Reged: 01/27/03
Loc: Paris, France

Hello!
I woulod like to know if anyone else has taken or been prescribed digestive enzymes. I was recently prescribed them following the results of a stool test and since taking them (Creon, 9 tablets per day) all the discomfort after meals and bloating etc has completely disappeared. I still have the occasional loose stool but all in all the improvement has been great. I must add that I have alsoo been doing a daily mornign yoga session (6am as I have to try and fit it in before my baby wakes at around 7am!) and this too has really helped I think. Even though I now get up really early, I seem to have loads more energy in the day.

Bye for now,
Claire

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Digestive Enzymes new
      #1532 - 02/27/03 04:42 AM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

I would like to know more about this. I did not know that enzymes came by prescription? One of my worst symptoms, besides the basic "C", is the bloating and pain after eating, even small safe meals. I also get this way worst in the evening, even though "dinner" was no different than anything else I'd eaten throughout the day. Point is - I'd like to know more about what you are taking?

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Re: Digestive Enzymes - bloating after evening meal new
      #1537 - 02/27/03 06:56 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Michelle - I used to get bad gas after dinner too but Heather and I figured out that the 500 mg of Vit C I was taking w/my dinner was probably the culprit. Since I've stopped taking it in the evening, I am practically gas-free all evening. BTW, I take many pills, only two prescriptions tho, and the lg dose of vit c was a killer. It's in my daily vit but only 60 mg with breakfast vs 600 mg at night. So what do you do differently at your evening meal;i.e. take meds, supplements, etc.? Just a thought.
Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#1548 - 02/27/03 08:19 AM
PattyMelt

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: Lakeside, Ca

Hi Sharon I have a dr's appt tomorrow with my regualr md, I am hoping for a referral to a GI dr but I have been complaining about my problem for many years now and have always been told, it's just gas take a pill. I am sooooo uncomfortable with my bloating up like a tight balloon that I get sooo depressed. it helps me talking to other since I now know it is really a medical problem and not just because I am fat. I take Sam-e (for my depression) got off Zoloft 3 wks ago. Corrective-a to help push the stool out, magnesium after every meal, herbal complex vits(makes me feel good but doesn't help the constipation) gas x and when bloating gets so bad I can't move I take a little baking soda and this helps me burp. I think the gas is trapped and if I could expel it, my bloating would be better. sorry for the long message

#1561 - 02/27/03 11:26 AM
SharonMello

Reged: 01/22/03
Loc: Groveland, CA

Hi Patty - Your post wasn't too long--they never are if it helps. Sometimes passing the gas isn't as pleasant as one might like to think--especially for those around us! My husband used to go into the guest room to sleep because he couldn't stand the "aroma".

What's corrective-a?

Have you tried Wt Watchers to get extra weight off? I've been doing it for 1-1/2 yrs and will be doing it for the rest of my life to keep the lbs off. It's good because you really can eat anything, but you have to watch the portion sizes.

Anyway, if your present doc won't help, go to someone else and insist on a referral if you have to.

Check with Heather on the supplements you take and any role they might have in relation to causing gas. I was taking 500 mg of Vit C with dinner because I take Glucosamine and Condroitin Sulfates for my arthritis and it's supposed to be taken with Vit C for help w/absorption and Heather and I figured out that it was the culprit. After dinner every night, I got gas for about 8 hrs. I tried everything and then I told her what I was taking different at dinner that I didn't do the rest of the day. She's really a good sleuth.

Don't stop posting and let us know how things are progressing. Have you had any tests done yet?

Sharon

--------------------
Sharon
"Anything Chocolate"...that is all!

#1604 - 02/27/03 09:33 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

Hi Claire,

I would like to know more about these digestive enzymes also as horrid bloating is my worst enemy.

PattyMelt I agree that sometimes I feel if I could expel the gas I would feel better. I reckon it's like carrying around a bowling ball.

Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: Digestive Enzymes new
      #1605 - 02/27/03 09:51 PM
bdiaz6

Reged: 02/12/03
Loc: Concord,Ca 94518

Hello Clair, I have a question about those digestive enzymas prescribed to you, are they sold by a presciption only or could be purcahse theam at any natural products store?
Thanks
Betty

--------------------
Tomorrow wil be better than today!!!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1703 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2457

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review