All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Need some help please (ladies please - female related problem) new
      #137967 - 01/13/05 07:27 AM
bamagirl

Reged: 04/02/04
Loc: Alabama

I was treated with Metrogel (vaginally)last week for cervicitis. Well, the side effects list gastrointestinal problems, and I was awfully nauseated during the five days. HOWEVER, this week I'm having stomach cramps and feeling really weird stomach wise. I'm also experiencing some rectal and vaginal bleeding I can't explain. Anyone ever been treated with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Need some help please (ladies please - female related problem) new
      #138011 - 01/13/05 09:20 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Sorry to hear that you're going through this. Wish I could help you more, but I've never heard of cervictis before. Maybe somebody else knows more?

--------------------
- Jennifer

#138043 - 01/13/05 10:49 AM
jamiep

Reged: 12/21/04
Loc: Arroyo City Texas USA

Hi,

I don't mess around with strange rectal or vaginal bleeding. I'm off to the doctor for these. I've never been treated for cervicitis. It doen't sound like fun. If the rectal blood is red they say you don't have to worry as much as you would if it were Brown/Black but I just don't mess around with it myself. It's one of those times where I say better safe.

Love,

Jamie

#138047 - 01/13/05 10:56 AM
bamagirl

Thanks for the reply. I called my gyn since the problem started after I took the Metrogel. For starters, I didn't even know I had an infection other than I had begun to have some vaginal bleeding after intercourse. (no pain, just bleeding) Well, the abdominal cramps have been off and on since Sunday night and have been pretty severe at times. And the vaginal bleed was more severe after intercouse, AND the rectal bleed was bright red, enough to drip (sorry to be gross) and followed some cramping. Now I'm having regular BM's right now, so how can I just oooops!all the sudden have hemeroids? I don't get it!

The doctor had the nurse call in Donnatal for the cramps and preparation H for the rectal bleed. I am sooo frustrated! And what about the vaginal bleed? I don't know if I'll have it again after intercourse because I don't feel like it!!! This is driving me NUTS!!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

UPDATE and a warning about a ob/gyn medication as it relates to IBS
      #138253 - 01/14/05 05:31 AM
bamagirl

I spoke at length with the pharmacist lastnight about this Metrogel and my sypmtoms. This is the vaginal version of Flagyl - which, orally, is one of the easier tolerated antibiotics. However, for me at least, Metrogel vaginal treatment has triggered a major attack of nausea, abdominal cramps, rectal bleeding and general IBS upset. I feel better as it leaves my system, but just wanted to let you know what the pharmacist told me. Be careful if ever prescribed Metrogel for any infection! It can be and IBS trigger!!

--------------------
God is Faithful!

Re: UPDATE and a warning about a ob/gyn medication as it relates to IBS new
      #138278 - 01/14/05 06:24 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Thanks for the heads up, bamagirl. I've never heard of Metrogel, but I sure appreciate the warning about it. What a scary way for you to have to find out about it!

Hope you're ALL better very soon,
Terri

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 827 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1219

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review