All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
YEP! new
      #110616 - 10/05/04 04:29 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

I get 60 pils a month from my doctor (it's called loperamide). With my Rx plan that's only $10. It's a lot easier on my wallet, and I know I'll have them in my purse if I need them in an emergency! Also no hassle getting them out of those &%$*#% blister packs this way. Those things are god-awful in an emergency.

Just ask your doc. I did and he said YES! First try!!

~nelly~

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Feeling awful... new
      #110619 - 10/05/04 04:45 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

Laurel, that sucks. Mornings are always the worst time of the day for me too. I'm late for work EVERY single day because of having to go to the washroom at the last minute or something IBS-related. But it has gotten better for me. My 'd' is practically gone and I don't have to take any Imodium anymore. I did take it every day for months too. (I'm still late though because I'm soooo not a morning person).

Keep taking the Imodium as you obviously need it to get to school. The fibre will help if you can take it every day.

I don't have a magical solution, but take heart as it will get better. I'll bet that the stress is to blame and you'll need to calm down a bit and maybe your tummy will too. Try to dun fun things and pamper yourself as much as possible.

Things can only get better.

#110620 - 10/05/04 04:46 PM
renaanne

Reged: 09/19/04
Loc: Marietta, GA

What has made the biggest difference for me in the mornings is taking a good dose of fiber at night right before bed. I have the worst problem with D in the mornings, especially if I have to be somewhere at a certain time. I've found that if I get up late and have to hurry and race around, I ALWAYS get D. If I can get up a little earlier, sit in my pj's and have a cup of mint tea with acacia in it, I have a MUCH better morning. I think it's also a routine. Try to go to bed at the same time and get up at the same time. Hopefully you will get back to normal once you get into a routine. Take care of yourself even if you have to slow down your college progress.
Rena

#110641 - 10/05/04 05:41 PM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

My tips:

- give up the insolubles for a while. Maybe go back to them after you are done with school? Honestly, these are a struggle for me too so I am ignoring them for now.

- talk to your dr. about antidepressants. They have helped many people with IBS.

- Take 5 minutes a day to do a relaxation exercise. There are many tips for doing this on the web.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

#110829 - 10/06/04 01:43 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Laurel,

Great to see you. Just wanted to say HI! College is definitely rough but you've gotten lots of good suggestions here.

Keep up the good work, sweetie! The semester will be over before you know it!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 890 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2245

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review