Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nausea new
      #108172 - 09/24/04 10:13 AM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Yuck. I am so naseous right now.
This is new to me, I never really feel naseous, atleast like this unless I am sick with something.
I just got done eating lunch- white rice alittle broccoli, and a couple frozen vegetable dumplings (IBS safe). I eat this stuff all of the time, no problem, but now I want to hurl.
I am not feeling a 'D' attack coming on, and I haven't been 'C' lately. I felt alot of nausea yesterday, and I feel it come on before lunch, but I ate my pita stuffed with hummus and broccoli anyways, and felt SOOO much worse. It eventually goes away, but I have not much an appetite for food or I feel like I will puke if I eat anything not exactly "plain".
Is this an IBS thing? or Is this all psychological?
I heard someone say that ginger is good for it, so I ate a piece of crystallized ginger, and now am about to go run and puke my guts out (sorry for the visualization )
I am trying not to eat just bread and rice anbd stuff, cause I don;t want to "upset the balance" and wind up 'C'.
Does anyone have any advice on this? Or can relate? It has been going on, getting progressively worse since Sunday, or Monday , I think.

--------------------
-Sheri

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nausea new
      #108191 - 09/24/04 11:01 AM
Jennifer Rose

Reged: 04/02/03
Loc: Fremont, CA

Try some ginger tea for the nausea. Crystallized ginger always reminds me of candy and candy never tastes good when you don't feel good. Maybe also try some dry toast as well.

Hope this helps a bit,

- Jennifer

--------------------
- Jennifer

#108231 - 09/24/04 01:41 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Ick - no fun! Are you up for a little exercise? When I'm just nauseated (not feeling feverish or shaky or cold), taking a walk often helps.

--AC

#108313 - 09/24/04 08:21 PM
Lefty1

Reged: 08/09/04

This is my husbands' biggest problem. (He is IBS - A)

I just asked him how he copes he said: by exercising even when feeling sick, standing at work or at home. He does feel that stress is a trigger for him and so exercising has become very important. (I will tell you that he is a type A person. - I say that in a good way!)

He becomes nauseous towards the end of the day and believes that it is gas that has built up in his system. The gas is trapped and makes him feel this way. His follow up apt. with the Dr. that did the Colonoscopy is in Nov. We hope to get some answers we are guessing at this point.

When he is nauseous - He feels loose down below. He feels full even if he does not eat large meals and he burps a lot. He takes GasX, Pepto to coat the tummy, crackers. He is afraid of most foods not necessarily because they might cause D or C but because they might add to the gas in his system, which in turn will cause the nausea. He might take 1/2 pill of Immodium AD - advanced depending on how loose he is feeling or if there is an important meeting that he needs to be "on" for.

Peppermint Altoids (sp?) swallowed whole prior to a meal, a suggestion found here, he tried and it did not seem to work for him.

Tea when he feels full and nauseous does not feel right to him either because it is more for the tummy to hold. So does not soothe him.

I am sorry that I don't have the answers. He wished that he did. Good luck to you.

#108319 - 09/24/04 09:18 PM
ibsfla

Reged: 06/30/04

Hi- I second the ginger tea--it is a reliable soother for me- sometimes I think the nausea is caused by trapped gas in the upper abdomen--moving around does help me because it seems to let the gas move a bit and escape--usually a "burp" ( or a few!!) will follow and the nausea subsides.
good luck and feel better--do you think you may have a bit of a stomach flu??
carol

#108340 - 09/25/04 05:27 AM
Kimmy

Reged: 06/02/04
Loc: Upstate New York

Hey Sheri,

So sorry you're feeling so sick. I thought the ginger suggestions were very good ones. Also, I know you said that you are eating foods that you always eat, but maybe too much broccoli? Broccoli is one of the "sulfur containing foods" that produces alot of gas and is very high in insoluble fiber. I'm IBS-A (pain and nausea were my biggest symptoms) and have had to cut broccoli out of my diet altogether.

Hope this helps & hope you feel better soon.

Kim

Re: Avoid the broccoli!!! new
      #108342 - 09/25/04 06:42 AM
amo616

Reged: 08/16/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Broccoli is a MAJOR trigger, well, most veggies are!! I have cut broccoli out entirely!! Go for safer veggies like carrots and mushrooms.

--------------------

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Re: Nausea
      #108351 - 09/25/04 07:50 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Sheri,

Hope you are feeling better today. I get nausea, too. UGH! It's the worst feeling. Usually mine is brought on by stress but sometimes I think it is acid in the stomach.

I use pepto bismol (yuck) but it helps me. Also, try to eat small meals and keep to toast, rice, etc. Can you tolerate chicken noodle soup? Sometimes I take one alka seltzer in a small glass of water and that helps because then I can burp. Be careful, though, because it contains aspirin.

This is a personal question.....but, could you be pregnant?
I only ask because you said you usually don't get nausea. Sorry for asking but it sounds a lot like morning sickness!

Barbie

--------------------

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1738 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1557

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review