Help For Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Education, Support, & Self Help for Irritable Bowel Syndrome   
Heather & Company View Cart  
Shop for IBSIBS Message BoardsIBS News & ReviewsStore Finder  
Home
IBS Diet & Recipes
IBS Books
IBS Supplements
Yoga for IBS
Hypnosis for IBS
Tummy Teas

All Boards >> Let's Get Together!

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
jenX

Reged: 08/11/03
Loc: Richmond, VA
checking in 7/8
      #87630 - 07/08/04 05:18 AM

ok, i didn't even post goals this week, but they're the same as usual.

i will say that i have been parking at the "far away" parking lot so i have to get about a 7 minute walk in the am and after work.

i stretched a bit yesterday and have PT today. i didn't walk (except to the parking lot) yesterday because there were thunderstorms.

i'm still eating my sugar, but i figure once i'm at the new job i won't do it as much. i can't stand vending machine candy; i've been spoiling myself on the deli cookies and brownies and i won't have them after next Friday (they're not worth a 20 minute drive!).

i've cut back on the Cokes, but not cut them out.

i've been getting sleep and taking my meds! yay! still, i feel like i'm not sleeping well this week. maybe it's the weather?

so, there's my update. i am, by the way, down a few pounds, but still about 5 over my "highest acceptable weight," 10 over my "tolerable weight" and 20 over my ideal.

hopefully i'll be able to start running a bit in the morning once i start the new job. i only like to run in the morning (exercise in the afternoon/evening gives me trouble when i try to sleep that night), and at the new job i won't have to get up at 5:00 anymore so i will get up and excersise. i just can't bear to set the alarm any earlier than 5! also, i think i'm feeling well enough that i'm going to start taking yoga classes on Wednesdays.

so there's my update. soon, i'm going to really get to work on losing some of this weight. can't let ya'll be the only skinny ones in Vegas!

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post   Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)
My first official checking-in! new
      #87905 - 07/08/04 02:00 PM

I know... I said I wanted to play too... and then I disappeared. I was waiting for my yoga stuff to get here, and in the meantime, I was really pretty sick. Anyway.

As of right now, I weigh 120. Obviously, my goals are a little different - I'm not here to lose any more weight. I wouldn't even mind gaining a few pounds eventually, but right now my major concerns are to (1) get exercising and STICK WITH IT, something I've NEVER been able to do, and (2) keep myself from getting back on the yo-yo cycle (where I get sick, lose a lot of weight, then regain about 50lbs once I feel better).

I got my OM Yoga in a Box yesterday, and today was my first day doing it. I got exhausted about halfway through the warm-up. I can't even believe how out of shape I am!! But I stuck it out, and I was proud of myself for not just spending the rest of the warm-up in child's pose, haha. I did realize that there was no way I was going to do the entire 70-minute workout, so I did what she suggested for an "ultra beginner" routine, and skipped right to the relaxation after the warm-up. All said, I did about 25 minutes of yoga, and I feel like a loser because I'm so out of shape, but I'm still kind of proud of myself for doing it. I feel like I moved. Pretty cool.

Stephie

Reged: 03/10/04
Loc: Vancouver, Canada
REPORTING IN 07/08 new
      #87945 - 07/08/04 03:40 PM

Hi ya'll,
So I almost bailed on the gym today 'cause I had the most dreadful afternoon trying to get to London and back to get my police pass (which I finally did, thank God!) and my train broke down, and everything took ages... BUT I went! I met my friend and we stayed in the gym for 2 hours! I nearly died in the beginning doing the cardio machines as it was so packed and SO HOT that I almost felt like being sick from the running. But then it got better, and I'm glad I went. I am gonna try to go again either Saturday or Sunday. Tomorrow I am going dancing, so hope to burn some calories there!
--Steph

--------------------
~~I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell-I know right now you can't tell~~Matchbox 20
IBS-D,pain.

jenX

Casey new
      #88006 - 07/08/04 05:34 PM

that's GREAT! i'm really impressed. it's hard to go into any kind of exercise program.

i really enjoy yoga, but i know what you're talking about with child's pose. that and corpse.... man, i can just sit in those forever!

well, congrats on your first day on your plan!

--------------------

Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA
REPORTING IN - 7/8/04 new
      #88074 - 07/08/04 08:40 PM

I just have a quick minute... so I will do my REAL report in after dinner...chicken is on the grill I have my new measurements from the gym today to report as well. I will also do my weigh in tomorrow! Be back soon........

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

chinagrl

Reged: 12/18/03
Re: REPORTING IN - 7/8/04 new
      #88079 - 07/08/04 09:14 PM

Today:

cheerios- 2
coffee- 1
thai noodle soup- 3
watermelon- 1
pasta- 7
ice cream- 2
ufo- 3

total: 17

well, my eating today has been good, but my day has been horrible. Here's hoping everybody else's has been better!

Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California
Re: checking in 7/8 new
      #88084 - 07/08/04 09:28 PM

All in all, not counting the cokes and cookies, I'd say you've done well...........

The taking meds and getting to bed at a decent hour is a real big one in my book!!!

Can't wait to see how you like the new job.....Bet you'll have a new bounce in your walk!!!

Quote:

i am, by the way, down a few pounds, but still about 5 over my "highest acceptable weight," 10 over my "tolerable weight" and 20 over my ideal.

I LOVE this...........sounds like me, except I'm not sure what my ideal is anymore.

Kandee

--------------------

Shell Marr

#88094 - 07/08/04 09:54 PM

My BMR = 2662 + (I burned 1089 calories 60 mins on the Elliptical - aka ski machine...I just figured out the "real" name of it and 23 mins on the treadmill) my foot is MUCH better today! - 1500 less calories to get to my goal = 2251 calorie food budget.

Breakfast: 130 calories RF Wheat Thins & Water

Snack: 50 calories Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Lunch : 301 Subway Sandwich & Water

Snack: 12 calories JB's & Water

While At The Gym: 7 calories Altoids (makes the water feel colder in my mouth then it really is...kind of a neat trick)

Dinner: 541 calories BS Chicken Breast w/Sesame Ginger & Cinnamon Marinade, Sticky White Rice , Green Beans & Water

Snack: 80 calories JB's & Water

Fiber Pills: 1.75 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1082.75 calories

Total Water intake = 88oz

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That will add 165 calories for a total of 1247.75 still my food budget

NEW MEASUREMENTS (last ones taken 6/8/04)

Neck : lost 1/2 inch
Chest : lost 1 inch
Biceps: lost 1/2 inch
Triceps : stayed the same
Waist : lost 1/2 inch
Hip: lost 1 inch
Upper Thigh : lost 2-1/2 inches
Calf: lost 1/2 inch

--------------------

Kandee

#88096 - 07/08/04 09:56 PM

I'm so sorry your day went badly. We all have them...hopefully tomorrow will be better for you.

Wow, down again on points. Is this on purpose?

I was shocked to see a UFO on your list. I have no idea why but I have this big picture of you NEVER consuming anything bad ...........(how wrong am I?) Maybe it has something to do with the vegetarian aspect, but I don't know. I don't think that's it.

Kandee

--------------------

Kandee

Hi Casey, and welcome. new
      #88100 - 07/08/04 10:03 PM

Gotta hand it to you.............you are trying. Wow, a 70 min. yoga tape. I'd be shot. I don't blame you for just starting out with 25 min. In fact, I love the fact you went from warm up to relaxation. Hmmm, wonder if they make a tape like that...........it sounds like MY kind of yoga.
I took a few months of beginning yoga last year and loved it. Hope to get back into it. But I like the corpse pose best.........that child's pose I did NOT feel comfortable in......a bloated tummy does not help one bit.... not to mention the legs positioned where they normally aren't!!!!--- but then, that's just me.

Anyway, keep up the good work...........and let us know how the weight is. 120 is pretty slim, unless that's one's usual weight.

Good to have you aboard!!!

Kandee

--------------------

chinagrl

#88101 - 07/08/04 10:04 PM

Well, to whinge for just a moment, my brother-in-law had a massive seizure, fell, smashed his eye up, and now has a bloodclot on his brain. So he might be having brain surgery. And I never get to see him and my sister (we're in Texas, they're in Pittsburgh) and we were supposed to go on vacation together the week after next. So I'm really worried and selfishly disappointed.

Ok, moving on, I totally cheat! I mean, to be fair, I am pretty much a health food freak, but I eat stuff I'm not supposed to a fair bit.

As for being low on points... it's not intentional... I think it's stress.

chinagrl

#88102 - 07/08/04 10:05 PM

You're doing awesome Shelly!!!! Still an inspiration. I wish I could be as good about getting exercise as you. I'm so darn lazy!!

Also, I wanted to ask, what's up with the Wheat Thins for breakfast?

Shell Marr

#88103 - 07/08/04 10:08 PM

Quote:

ok, i didn't even post goals this week, but they're the same as usual.

i will say that i have been parking at the "far away" parking lot so i have to get about a 7 minute walk in the am and after work.

i stretched a bit yesterday and have PT today. i didn't walk (except to the parking lot) yesterday because there were thunderstorms.

i'm still eating my sugar, but i figure once i'm at the new job i won't do it as much. i can't stand vending machine candy; i've been spoiling myself on the deli cookies and brownies and i won't have them after next Friday (they're not worth a 20 minute drive!).

i've cut back on the Cokes, but not cut them out.

i've been getting sleep and taking my meds! yay! still, i feel like i'm not sleeping well this week. maybe it's the weather?

so, there's my update. i am, by the way, down a few pounds, but still about 5 over my "highest acceptable weight," 10 over my "tolerable weight" and 20 over my ideal.

hopefully i'll be able to start running a bit in the morning once i start the new job. i only like to run in the morning (exercise in the afternoon/evening gives me trouble when i try to sleep that night), and at the new job i won't have to get up at 5:00 anymore so i will get up and excersise. i just can't bear to set the alarm any earlier than 5! also, i think i'm feeling well enough that i'm going to start taking yoga classes on Wednesdays.

so there's my update. soon, i'm going to really get to work on losing some of this weight. can't let ya'll be the only skinny ones in Vegas!

Parking far away is a GREAT idea.... I've noticed lately that I don't get pissed when I can't get a spot right in front. Walky Walky!!

COoooOKkkkkkkkIiiiiiEeeeeeeeeSssssssssssssss........

Cutting down is better then drinking the whole thing.... I know it is hard.

Good girl getting your sleep & taking pills!

YEAH... your down a few pounds!!

I'll be FAR from skinny in Vegas... but I'll feel great!!

--------------------

chinagrl

#88104 - 07/08/04 10:10 PM

Amen on the parking and walking! I do that all the time. But I have a pet peeve about driving around looking for a parking spot near the store. I figure we could have parked and walked in by the time the "perfect" spot is found.

Shell Marr

Re: My first official checking-in! new
      #88105 - 07/08/04 10:11 PM

Quote:

I know... I said I wanted to play too... and then I disappeared. I was waiting for my yoga stuff to get here, and in the meantime, I was really pretty sick. Anyway.

As of right now, I weigh 120. Obviously, my goals are a little different - I'm not here to lose any more weight. I wouldn't even mind gaining a few pounds eventually, but right now my major concerns are to (1) get exercising and STICK WITH IT, something I've NEVER been able to do, and (2) keep myself from getting back on the yo-yo cycle (where I get sick, lose a lot of weight, then regain about 50lbs once I feel better).

I got my OM Yoga in a Box yesterday, and today was my first day doing it. I got exhausted about halfway through the warm-up. I can't even believe how out of shape I am!! But I stuck it out, and I was proud of myself for not just spending the rest of the warm-up in child's pose, haha. I did realize that there was no way I was going to do the entire 70-minute workout, so I did what she suggested for an "ultra beginner" routine, and skipped right to the relaxation after the warm-up. All said, I did about 25 minutes of yoga, and I feel like a loser because I'm so out of shape, but I'm still kind of proud of myself for doing it. I feel like I moved. Pretty cool.

Yoga... I've heard wonderful things about it....but have never tried it. I'm proud of you for sticking it out.... it is such a great feeling huh!?!? Right on... just take it slow and add a little more each time.... and stick with it.... be sure to report it and let us know how your doing.

--------------------

Shell Marr

Re: REPORTING IN 07/08 new
      #88106 - 07/08/04 10:13 PM

Quote:

Hi ya'll,
So I almost bailed on the gym today 'cause I had the most dreadful afternoon trying to get to London and back to get my police pass (which I finally did, thank God!) and my train broke down, and everything took ages... BUT I went! I met my friend and we stayed in the gym for 2 hours! I nearly died in the beginning doing the cardio machines as it was so packed and SO HOT that I almost felt like being sick from the running. But then it got better, and I'm glad I went. I am gonna try to go again either Saturday or Sunday. Tomorrow I am going dancing, so hope to burn some calories there!
--Steph

2 HOURS!! WWWoooohhhhhooooooo girly....you rock!!

--------------------

Shell Marr

#88107 - 07/08/04 10:14 PM

Quote:

Today:

cheerios- 2
coffee- 1
thai noodle soup- 3
watermelon- 1
pasta- 7
ice cream- 2
ufo- 3

well, my eating today has been good, but my day has been horrible. Here's hoping everybody else's has been better!

under by 3 points again today.... good girl. Why was your day so bad

--------------------

Kandee

#88108 - 07/08/04 10:17 PM

Quote:

My BMR = 2662 + (I burned 1089 calories 60 mins on the Elliptical don't you just love those things? I so wish I had one of my own.... - aka ski machine...I just figured out the "real" name of it and 23 mins on the treadmill) my foot is MUCH better today! That's great, now don't go and do whatever it was you did before that messed your foot up...ok? - 1500 less calories to get to my goal = 2251 calorie food budget.

Breakfast: 130 calories RF Wheat Thins & Water

Snack: 50 calories Unsweetened Applesauce & Water

Lunch : 301 Subway Sandwich & Water

Snack: 12 calories JB's & Water That's IT? 4 JB's...what? are you waiting for the new order to come in..hehe

While At The Gym: 7 calories Altoids (makes the water feel colder in my mouth then it really is...kind of a neat trick)

Dinner: 541 calories BS Chicken Breast w/Sesame Ginger & Cinnamon Ahh, good...I too am trying to get my 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon in every day. Marinade, Sticky White Rice , Green Beans & Water

Snack: 80 calories JB's & Water Almost missed this........and here I ALMOST thought you were giving up JB's

Fiber Pills: 1.75 calories total

Without any more snacks at all....(subject to change) = 1082.75 calories That's sure LOW

Total Water intake = 88oz

I WILL have UFO w/more water. That will add 165 calories for a total of 1247.75 still my food budget

OMG, these are fantastic!!! You've almost lost an entire mini-person, you know that? No wonder your clothes are falling off of you. 2 1/2 inches OFF your thigh??? that means you must be doing some serious leg work girl!!

--------------------

chinagrl

#88109 - 07/08/04 10:18 PM

Oh... if you read my response to Kandee I whine in that one. Thanks for asking.

Shell Marr

#88110 - 07/08/04 10:18 PM

Quote:

Well, to whinge for just a moment, my brother-in-law had a massive seizure, fell, smashed his eye up, and now has a bloodclot on his brain. So he might be having brain surgery. And I never get to see him and my sister (we're in Texas, they're in Pittsburgh) and we were supposed to go on vacation together the week after next. So I'm really worried and selfishly disappointed.

Ok, moving on, I totally cheat! I mean, to be fair, I am pretty much a health food freak, but I eat stuff I'm not supposed to a fair bit.

As for being low on points... it's not intentional... I think it's stress.

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear about your brother-in-law... I hope all will turn out ok...please keep us posted. I will be thinking of you and your family.....{{HUGS}}

--------------------

chinagrl

#88112 - 07/08/04 10:19 PM

Thanks Shelly. I can use the hugs.

Shell Marr

#88114 - 07/08/04 10:24 PM

Quote:

You're doing awesome Shelly!!!! Still an inspiration. I wish I could be as good about getting exercise as you. I'm so darn lazy!!

Also, I wanted to ask, what's up with the Wheat Thins for breakfast?

What do you mean.... what's up? LOL

You mean why do I eat that mon-fri for breakfast?

Well, I did not used to eat breakfast at all. Then I tried the soy yogurt & granola thing.... but was not always in the mood for it. I have a box of Wheat Thins in my car.... I just count the serving size out one at time as I eat them on the way to work (7:20am-7:40am) Breakfast is done by time I get there I never get tired of them........ then I have my applesauce about 11am

--------------------

Kandee

#88116 - 07/08/04 10:34 PM

Breakfast: 200 cals. Pineapple/protein smoothie

Mid-morning: 200 cals. Another pineapple/protein smoothie (ok, so I had a craving for pineapple today)

Lunch: 260 cals. Pea soup

Mid Afternoon: 100 cals. Leftover red skinned potato/zucchini

Dinner: 200 cals. Approx. Salad w/greens, tomato/cucumber/LF dressing/a little cold chicken

Snacks: 100 cals. JB’s

Total: 1,060 cals………….about 80 over my daily goal of 980 but that’s ok………..because today was the first day I went back to aerobics……………..YEAH ME…………I went real slow and took it easy………very low impact, but it felt good to get back. Did 45 minutes worth, but didn’t stay for the floor work. My goal is to go 2-3 times as week to start until I feel better and like I can go more……….after all, had orders from 2 docs not to over do, and to take this nice and slow……………BUT, I’ve got to build up stamina for walking Vegas………otherwise it won’t be fun being pooped just walking from the front to the back of a casino

--------------------

Kandee

#88118 - 07/08/04 10:36 PM

You've got hugs from me too sweetie.............

I just cringed with sadness when I read about the possible brain surgery........keep us posted ok.

We'll say some prayers..........

Kandee

--------------------

ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada
Jenny and Shell new
      #88119 - 07/08/04 10:42 PM

Jenny - It saddens me to her about your BIL. Thats awful. Please keep us updated and I'll keep you in my thoughts & prayers.

Shell - You mentioned it would be great to have an elliptical - they are pricey though as you know - have you ever looked at ebay though? Just thought I'd give it a mention.

Night ladies.

Dimples

Reged: 04/01/04
Re: REPORTING IN - 7/8/04 (GREAT JOB SHELL!!!) new
      #88135 - 07/09/04 04:52 AM

Hi Shell,

Glad you got to post how many inches you lost. Now you know that's the fat burning off so even if one week the scale doesn't drop you know you're probably just holding fluid when you got weighed and you won't get discouraged.

I am soooooooo proud of you. Know how hard it is and you're doing such a great job of it and with the best attitude to boot.

I watch what I eat and was always a big dessert person but although I don't have them anymore and eat only what I'm supposed to have only lost 4lbs. since March. Of course a lot of it has to do with being hypothyroid but jeez at the rate I'm going will take me 10 years to drop the weight again. LOL

I just wanted you to know I'm so proud of you hon and did leave another post for you when you posted how much weight you lost. Took me a few days to do it as my computer has been freezing up on me and have been trouble getting online lately. Will eventually send it out to be fixed.

Say hi to your husband also and hugs to you both.

Pat

TammyLaurendi

Reged: 09/16/03
Loc: Western New York
Re: My first official checking-in! new
      #88142 - 07/09/04 06:05 AM

Quote:

All said, I did about 25 minutes of yoga, and I feel like a loser because I'm so out of shape, but I'm still kind of proud of myself for doing it. I feel like I moved. Pretty cool.

Don't be so hard on yourself. That's great. Yoga is hard to do until you have done it for a while because your body is not used to moving like that. You did great!

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

TammyLaurendi

#88143 - 07/09/04 06:06 AM

Quote:

Hi ya'll,
--Steph

Dancing is fantastic exercise. Great job making it to the gym and sticking it out.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

TammyLaurendi

#88144 - 07/09/04 06:08 AM

Quote:

Today:

cheerios- 2
coffee- 1
thai noodle soup- 3
watermelon- 1
pasta- 7
ice cream- 2
ufo- 3

I'm sorry your day wasn't any good. Did it get better? I hope so.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

TammyLaurendi

#88146 - 07/09/04 06:11 AM

Quote:

Shell you rock. That is so amazing. Keep going keep going.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

TammyLaurendi

#88147 - 07/09/04 06:14 AM

I always park way in the back of the lot at work and sometimes I'm the only car out there and it's pretty funny. I used to do that at Walmart and the grocery also but I kept loosing my car so now I always park in lane 2 - I don't care how close or how far back it is as long as I know what lane I'm in.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

TammyLaurendi

#88150 - 07/09/04 06:18 AM

Quote:

because today was the first day I went back to aerobics……………..YEAH ME…………I went real slow and took it easy………very low impact, but it felt good to get back. Did 45 minutes worth, but didn’t stay for the floor work. My goal is to go 2-3 times as week to start until I feel better and like I can go more……….after all, had orders from 2 docs not to over do, and to take this nice and slow……………BUT, I’ve got to build up stamina for walking Vegas………otherwise it won’t be fun being pooped just walking from the front to the back of a casino

Good for you Kandee. Also, congrats on knowing your limits and working from there.

Didn't you know the casinos have all those nice slot machines to sit at when you get tired of walking

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

TammyLaurendi

Checking in 7/8 new
      #88154 - 07/09/04 06:27 AM

Breakfast - UFO and UFO on roll - 6 pts
Lunch - Baked potato with broccoli and UFO - 10 pts
Snack - Wheat thins - 4 pts
Dinner - Subway - 7 pts
Snack - 1 oatmeal raisin cookie - 4 pts
Total - 31 (over range of 26-29)
Bad Snack - 1 not 2 UFO - 7 pts
Real Total - 38

An improvement over yesterday overall but I didn't get a chance to exercise at all. One of the best things I did notice is nothing gave me that all so familiar pain I associate with trigger foods and overeating!

I am feeling very orange today. Anyone know anything about color and know what that means.

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

atomic rose

Re: Hi Casey, and welcome. new
      #88177 - 07/09/04 07:35 AM

Well, it helps that the OM yoga program is on a CD, with flash cards. Each portion is its own separate track, like a song, so if you want to skip sections, you can program the CD player to skip them. Believe it or not, doing the warm-up and then going directly to the relaxation is a workout she recommends for beginners! She claims that even a workout that short has significant health benefits, and I'm not surprised.

I bet everyone likes corpse pose. I liked cow and cat, too - I could feel EVERYTHING stretching. It was wonderful.

I'm 5'2", and 120 is the thinnest I've ever been, so I find it kind of scary... but maybe that's a good weight for me, who knows? I'm still having trouble eating, but I'm hoping I'll stabilize soon... and if I stabilize at 120, I guess I'll get used to it!

Thanks - EVERYONE! - for the encouragement! I felt kind of funny posting, because I'm not going to Vegas (sniff!) and I'm not trying to lose weight, but I'm glad I did - thanks!

atomic rose

Great job Shell! That rocks! -nt- new
      #88178 - 07/09/04 07:39 AM

LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City
      #88181 - 07/09/04 08:14 AM

Great news on the measurements, Shell!! You are doing SO WELL!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

LauraSue

#88184 - 07/09/04 08:18 AM

ohmigod Chinagrl!! How awful! And yeah, disappointing not to get to see your sister. Hope your BIL gets better soon.

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

LauraSue

#88186 - 07/09/04 08:20 AM

Excellent report, Kandee!!!! WOOHOOO!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

LauraSue

Good job, Tammy!!!! -nt new
      #88187 - 07/09/04 08:23 AM

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Kandee

That's pretty clever new
      #88192 - 07/09/04 08:35 AM

I'll have to remember that trick.....I'm ALWAYS loosing the car.........think I have too many things on my mind when I go into a store or mall......lane 2, eh?

Kandee

--------------------

Kandee

You crack me up!!!! new
      #88195 - 07/09/04 08:48 AM

Good for you Kandee. Also, congrats on knowing your limits and working from there.

Didn't you know the casinos have all those nice slot machines to sit at when you get tired of walking
Yes, I knew.........and believe me I've had that instant tiredness come over me at times where I just knew I had to change my In-casino-exercise-routine (right then and there when I saw a slot calling my name) and go from lower body workouts to upper body "pull-the-slot-handles" workouts. Whew, those Vegas workouts have gotten expensive over the years!!

--------------------

Kandee

#88203 - 07/09/04 09:08 AM

Wow Steph, 2 hrs.???
In the heat?
That's amazing.............good for you...

But I'd opt for dancing..............that's always more fun than a gym.
That's why I go to aerobics...............no one to take me dancing on weekends

Kandee

--------------------

Kandee

A little color test if you're interested.. new
      #88205 - 07/09/04 09:17 AM

Quote:

Breakfast - UFO and UFO on roll - 6 pts
Lunch - Baked potato with broccoli and UFO - 10 pts
Dinner - Subway - 7 pts
Bad Snack - 1 not 2 UFO - 7 pts
Real Total - 38

An improvement over yesterday overall but I didn't get a chance to exercise at all. One of the best things I did notice is nothing gave me that all so familiar pain I associate with trigger foods and overeating!

I am feeling very orange today. Anyone know anything about color and know what that means.

You did good Tammy...no pain is a good thing.........But all those UFO's get me..............I'm just trying to imagine what they were. Cookies? Here is a little color personality test. I have the entire set of the Dewey books. The're great....(as you can tell, I like red)
Free color personality test

--------------------

Shell Marr

Re: A little color test if you're interested.. new
      #88208 - 07/09/04 09:24 AM

Quote:

You did good Tammy...no pain is a good thing.........But all those UFO's get me..............I'm just trying to imagine what they were. Cookies? Here is a little color personality test. I have the entire set of the Dewey books. The're great....(as you can tell, I like red)

Here are my results

You're an Entertainer
By paying close attention to everyone's emotions, you better understand yourself and others. Your exciting, concerned energy compels people to express themselves. When you hear how others feel, you clearly see their kindness, love, pain, and fear.

The passionate you is a strong-willed, reflective strategist. You listen to learn why something was done before you act. Others turn you on when they challenge you. You can see all the possibilities.

The centered you envisions a realizable future. Ideas and details do not overwhelm you. They become your building blocks. When all is quiet within, you see how you are progressing toward your goals.

The emotional you needs to have fun. You can find yourself swept up in someone else's passionate adventure. Create downtime to become immersed in just you. Discover your own fun.

--------------------

TammyLaurendi

#88213 - 07/09/04 09:49 AM

Here are some food clues. They are all bad IBS foods that most people can't tolerate.

Quote:

Quote:

Breakfast - UFO and UFO beef and dairy on roll - 6 pts
Lunch - Baked potato with broccoli and dairy UFO - 10 pts
Dinner - Subway - 7 pts
Bad Snack - 1 not 2 the can't be named one that I am addicted to it has a hole and is covered in nuts UFO - 7 pts
Real Total - 38

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

jenX

colors new
      #88218 - 07/09/04 09:58 AM

You're an Investor
By focusing on what others need, you learn the exact value and potential of each person in different situations. You instinctively know how motivated others are in supporting you. This helps you surround yourself with the right people.

[TEAL] The passionate you believes in yourself and others. You actively listen and give diplomatic feedback. With astonishing empathy, you see others' dreams. Magically, your strong belief makes wishes come true.

[BLACK] The centered you orders priorities. Objectively you balance your present commitments against possible opportunities. When all is quiet within, you value what you have without hanging on to it.

[LIME] The emotional you avoids asking what's missing. Novel adventures seem to appear. Honor your forbidden thoughts. They are merely signposts to exciting new paths you need to follow.

--------------------

jenX

Steph new
      #88220 - 07/09/04 10:00 AM

what a moron i am! the frog got me before i posted a reply to you yesterday. i just wanted to say "congrats" on getting to the gym! you're doing an impressive job-- man, i wish i were that dedicated. you all are really inspiring me.

take it easy, though, Steph! don't pass out or puke at the gym. that's not how you make friends...

--------------------

jenX

Shell, that's just awesome. new
      #88221 - 07/09/04 10:03 AM

i swear, i think i'm printing some of your posts so i can use them to inspire me to get up off my lazy ass!

--------------------

jenX

Jenny new
      #88222 - 07/09/04 10:05 AM

sorry about your bil. that is terrible. i hope he heals quickly and doesn't need any surgery!

sorry, too, your trip got messed up. i know you're disappointed. blah! that sucks!

hope you're doing ok, today.

--------------------

atomic rose

#88224 - 07/09/04 10:14 AM

You're a Forecaster
You break everything down to its simplest form. Then you critique past events in order to see the future. Others are amazed at your predictions.

The passionate you generates creative ideas. You are an imaginative dreamer. Your preoccupation with the future gives you the mental discipline to stay on track and direct others to do the same.

The centered you can see how to direct your life toward a greater inner peace. You are able to discern exactly what you need. When all is quiet within you recognize just what you want.

The emotional you works very hard to be important. Listen for the specifics required to accomplish your dream. You'll become more optimistic, less doubtful, and appreciative of your personal victories.

I don't know if that's accurate or not, but I was amused to end up as a "forecaster". My full name is Casandra, and Cassandra in Greek mythology was a prophetess. Fun coincidence.

ibsgrl

Reged: 04/18/04
Loc: Canada
      #88225 - 07/09/04 10:18 AM

You're a Problem Solver

You are constantly considering what else each person or situation requires. You want to know what is missing. During this period of mulling things over, others might view you as passive or quiet.

The passionate you generates creative ideas. You are an imaginative dreamer. Your preoccupation with the future gives you the mental discipline to stay on track and direct others to do the same.

The centered you logically decides what is missing in your life. You look within yourself to assess what's needed and at each task to grasp the required details. When all is quiet, you voice the relevant questions for yourself and others.

The emotional you needs to feel grounded. Reality can be disappointing. Accept each situation's truth and each person's motivation before you act. Ensure that your empowering determination is focused on agendas that can be accomplished.

TammyLaurendi

#88228 - 07/09/04 10:24 AM

Quote:

Here is my color analysis -

You're a Giver - You have a tremendous capacity to experience different people and situations and make them part of your own psyche. By recognizing where there's a need for greater balance, you become aware of what others need to exist. This makes it easy for you to create nurturing environments.

The passionate you nurtures others so that they can be themselves. You listen to their concerns and encourage them to talk about their lives. You have the power to understand people's true intentions.

(yellow/green)The centered you logically decides what is missing in your life. You look within yourself to assess what's needed and at each task to grasp the required details. When all is quiet, you voice the relevant questions for yourself and others.

The emotional you needs to have fun. You can find yourself swept up in someone else's passionate adventure. Create downtime to become immersed in just you. Discover your own fun.

I believe Shell and I can be dangerous if left on our own and get into too much trouble. It's a good thing there will be others around!

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

chinagrl

#88229 - 07/09/04 10:24 AM

You're an Identity Creator
You're in touch with your emotions and clearly express what you want. When you listen to the concerns of others, you discover what is best for them. You help them accept themselves.

The centered you knows what is occurring and commands a realistic perspective on yourself and your relationships. When all is quiet within, you hear what you and others need.

I dunno guys... I'm all ABOUT making my own fun and having downtime...

atomic rose

Wow... new
      #88239 - 07/09/04 10:43 AM

I'm totally impressed. I don't think I could even stand being in a gym for 2 hours, much less actually DOING anything!

You're making me look bad, girl. Haha. But seriously, good for you! Keep up the good work!

Kandee

Re: Shell, that's just awesome. We should all be this good!!! new
      #88314 - 07/09/04 01:13 PM

Quote:

i swear, i think i'm printing some of your posts so i can use them to inspire me to get up off my lazy ass!

I think I'd better do the same!!!

PLUS I think, after Vegas, this ought to turn into the
Diet"ing"
board and Shell should be moderator!!!! Whatcha think? She's got my vote!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Kandee

How many of you thought this was an accurate perception of new
      #88324 - 07/09/04 01:27 PM

your personality? Some of you said. Keep in mind this does NOT go into it very deep. The books/color swatches REALLY do and the guy that invented them used them with major corporations in their HR department to determine workers and prospective worker's personality traites. It's also used now days by decorators to determine a client's likes and dislikes.

Kandee (Yah, Tammy I wanna hang around you and Shell in Vegas just to watch your antics!!! )

--------------------

TammyLaurendi

#88332 - 07/09/04 02:01 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I think I'd better do the same!!!

PLUS I think, after Vegas, this ought to turn into the
Diet"ing"
board and Shell should be moderator!!!! Whatcha think? She's got my vote!!!

Kandee

I second that motion

--------------------
Peace,
Tammy

chinagrl

#88333 - 07/09/04 02:03 PM

Aye!

atomic rose

Definitely!! -nt- new
      #88352 - 07/09/04 03:30 PM

chinagrl

Update on BIL... new
      #88353 - 07/09/04 03:33 PM

He's doing much better. He's still in the hospital, but it looks like they won't be doing any surgery. He's got a new neurologist who's changed his medicines and fingers are crossed. We've told him he needs to wear his goalie gear at all times (he's a hockey goalie). The old neurologist thought that his seizures were from a spider bite he got when he was a kid. The movie Spiderman must really piss him off! Anyway... I'm feeling much happier now that I know he's ok for now, even if I REALLY REALLY wish they would find out what's causing the seizures.

Kandee

Re: Update on BIL... new
      #88380 - 07/09/04 05:03 PM

That's terrific news Jenny. Let's hope the meds take and he has NO more problems. I know you are glad for him even though it still means no visit.

Ewww, don't discount spider bites. They can surface in mysterious ways down the road. I got one from a brown recluse oh lets see, about 12 years ago, on my left foot. Since then that is the foot I developed tarsal tunnel syndrome in, the one that gives me the most fits with RLS and the one foot/leg I have more problems with over all. Although no doc will commit to admitting the cause of all these things is the latent affects of that bite I believe they could actually be, but then I haven't been to a neurolgist yet either.

Once that poison is in there I think it can have a severe affect for possibly the rest of one's life.

ALL spiders bite, yet not all are poisonous, and I fear them even more than snakes.

Anyway, thanks for keeping us updated..........we all wish him well!!!!

Kandee

--------------------

Kandee

Oh!!! new
      #88393 - 07/09/04 06:43 PM

Quote:

Here are some food clues. They are all bad IBS foods that most people can't tolerate.

Quote:

Quote:

Breakfast - UFO and UFO beef and dairy on roll - 6 pts
Lunch - Baked potato with broccoli and dairy UFO - 10 pts
Dinner - Subway - 7 pts
Bad Snack - 1 not 2 the can't be named one that I am addicted to it has a hole and is covered in nuts UFO - 7 pts
Real Total - 38
So.........what we have here is donuts, sour cream and beef.........hmm. But hey, if you can tolerate them when others can't I don't see a problem other than the high calories and high fat. But if they trigger you that's another story. I've been known to cheat on a little lean beef (when I felt my iron reserves were low) and FF sour cream, but donuts? No, not unless I made them myself and they were GF...........that's one I haven't tried yet. But then a year and a half ago I would have!

--------------------

Unregistered

Kandee new
      #88411 - 07/09/04 08:00 PM

Might I ask what part of So. California you are from? I grew up in San Diego, Oceanside and Irvine area. Can't wait to head home in August.

Kandee

Aunie new
      #88413 - 07/09/04 08:25 PM

Quote:

Might I ask what part of So. California you are from? I grew up in San Diego, Oceanside and Irvine area. Can't wait to head home in August.

And Texas actually let you in???????????? LOL. I know how Texans love (not) Californians. Hehe. Well, I don't blame you for wanting to get back to the SoCal beach areas. San Diego is WONDERFUL...............afraid to say, I'm NOT in that area..........are you familiar with the high desert area? Up the Cajon Pass from San Bernardino? Well, that's where I am. We have great weather actually, dry, and with a 40 to 50 degree drop in temps at night which makes the summer nights always pleasant, unlike Phoenix where I grew up and spent most of my life.

Sheesh, how come I went on and on..........?

Where in Texas are YOU?

Hey, can you come to Vegas in Oct?

Kandee

--------------------

chinagrl

Re: Aunie new
      #88414 - 07/09/04 08:30 PM

Hey, as Lyle Lovett says, "that's right, you're not from Texas, but Texas loves you anyway!"

Kandee

Re: Aunie new
      #88423 - 07/09/04 09:14 PM

Quote:

Hey, as Lyle Lovett says, "that's right, you're not from Texas, but Texas loves (I think it's "wants" ) you anyway!"

OMG, I love that song.........

or as a true Texan would say (in another of his songs)

"you can have my girl but don't touch my hat"...........ROFL..

And I'm not even a big C/W music fan!!!

--------------------

Unregistered

Kandee, it's Aunie again new
      #88663 - 07/10/04 08:27 PM

Quote:

And Texas actually let you in???????????? LOL. I know how Texans love (not) Californians. Hehe. Some have loved me like crazy and others are less than thrilled about where I am from. Someone told me once, that when God created the United States, He picked up the east coast and all the "marbles" rolled to the west coast. I have also heard CA's nickname as the "granola state" It's full of nuts and flakes. LOL, GEE THANKS!! Texas is a great state to live in if one can adjust to the heat and humidity. Well, I don't blame you for wanting to get back to the SoCal beach areas. San Diego is WONDERFUL...............afraid to say, I'm NOT in that area..........are you familiar with the high desert area? Up the Cajon Pass from San Bernardino? Well, that's where I am. We have great weather actually, dry, and with a 40 to 50 degree drop in temps at night which makes the summer nights always pleasant, unlike Phoenix where I grew up and spent most of my life.

Sheesh, how come I went on and on..........? That's ok, you can rattle. I always love reading your post. I miss those cool nights in California.

Where in Texas are YOU? South east Texas. About 90 miles directly north of Houston

Hey, can you come to Vegas? Unfortunaly not, I sure would love to meet all of you, though.

Now I'm carrying on and on...

Kandee

Hey Aunie... new
      #88675 - 07/10/04 08:53 PM

Yep, we're the granola state alright, also "Shake and Bake" country.........(earthquakes and heat)...In a way I believe that about the marbles landing here..........we do have our share of fruitcakes, but it keeps life interesting and amusing.

Are you in a suburb of Houston? Or seperate city. Houston is NOT my fav city to drive thru going cross contry. Ewww, it's SOOO big! I have a daughter in Austin and hubby would love to move back to West TX, close by where he took his pilot training about a million years ago. It's a little dryer there, I believe. I think living would be cheaper..........housing has gone sky high here....

One thing about TX and the south in general........they have the best BBQ in the world!! Before IBS when I was in TX or any southern state that's all I ate!!! Yummmm

Stay in touch.........Aunie........You have lots of time to change your mind about coming to Vegas.......think about it, ok?..

Kandee

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 25178

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.

Any application of the recommendations in this website is at the reader's discretion. Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, and Heather & Company for IBS, LLC are not liable for any direct or indirect claim, loss or damage resulting from use of this website and/or any web site(s) linked to/from it. Readers should consult their own physicians concerning the recommendations on these message boards.

Home | Shop for IBS | IBS Message Boards | IBS News & Reviews | IBS Support Groups
IBS Diet & Recipes | IBS Books | IBS Supplements | Yoga for IBS | Hypnosis for IBS
IBS Tummy Teas™ | Irritable Bowel Syndrome Glossary

About Us | IBS Links | Search this Site | Site Map | Shipping & Returns | Privacy & Security
Contact Us | For Doctors & Dietitians | Wholesale | Co-packing Services

© 1999-2009, Heather Van Vorous, HelpForIBS.com, Heather & Company for IBS, LLC.
All information & art is proprietary and may not be duplicated.
All rights reserved.

Legal & Medical Disclaimer

Website Design