All Boards >> IBS Recipes

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Rice beverage based Eggnog recipe request??
      #30611 - 12/08/03 11:48 AM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Anyone have a rice beverage based recipe for eggnog? (I can't do soy). I would assume all it would take would be some egg substitute, like Egg Beaters, sugar, rice beverage and possibly some gelatin for thickening, and maybe some vanilla, but I'm to lazy at this point of holiday exhaustion and company to work out the ratios, not to mention having to throw out all the mistakes.
Thanks heaps,
Kandee

--------------------

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Rice beverage based Eggnog recipe request?? new
      #30618 - 12/08/03 02:18 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

Hi Kandee! I found this recipe for low fat eggnog online. I'm sure you could sub rice milk for the skim milk!

Low Fat Eggnog

Ingredients:
1 cup sugar
4 egg whites
1/3 cup water
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
4 cups skim milk (can sub rice or soy milk)
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 to 1 cup brandy or rum
Nutmeg

Instructions:
Combine sugar, egg whites, water and cream of tartar in a large not-aluminum metal bowl; whisk to blend. Set bowl over a pan of simmering water, taking care that the bowl does not touch the water. Beat with an electric mixer on medium about 10 minutes, until mixture registers 140 degress on a candy thermometer and is very thick and fluffy. Continue to beat 3 more minutes; remove from heat and beat until mixture has cooled slightly.

Pour milk and vanilla into another large bowl. Add egg white mixture and brandy or rum; combine gently with a whisk. Serve well-chilled and dusted with Nutmeg. (Nog will separate when standing, but is easily recombined by whisking.)

Servings: 8

From www.appleforhealth.com

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Great..................eggnog for sure!!! new
      #30646 - 12/08/03 06:31 PM
Kandee

Reged: 05/22/03
Loc: USA, Southern California

Marvelous………………..thanks Kristen. Somehow I just figured you'd have one or find one for me. We New Yorkers are great, aren't we? (Especially those from Rochester!<BG>)

Although the last ingredient sounds tempting, since the onset of IBS, I've abstained from any liquid libation except for a little crème de menthe or Damiana now and then. This recipe sounds like a lot of work (I like things easy these days), but when the holiday craving for eggnog hits I just have to cave in…..but safely!!!
Now I can enjoy my own low fat/dairy free version while others take in the unhealthy stuff , thanks to YOU.

Holiday Best----
Kandee

--------------------

#30653 - 12/08/03 07:07 PM
sherr1

Reged: 10/07/03
Loc: Southern, Calif

Yum!Yum! I can't wait to try this I missed out on Thanksgiving I haven't found the silk nog everyones been talking about down here in So. Calif. I'm so excited to enjoy some again!! Thanks

Re: Great..................eggnog for sure!!! new
      #30665 - 12/08/03 08:42 PM
Kree

You're so welcome, Kandee! Just looking out for my fellow Rochesterian, lol.

I know what you mean about avoiding "libations". I can't remember when I had my last alcoholic drink! For a while I was allowing myself a glass of wine now and then, but sometimes it bothered me, so I've given it up, at least for now. I think you're smart to just abstain from it! I'm planning on being adventurous (or stupid, lol) and adding a little rum to some hot buttered rum later this week. I'll let you know how that goes if I don't wimp out!

Have a great week!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#30666 - 12/08/03 08:43 PM
Kree

No problem, sherr! If you do try it please let me know how it is!

--------------------

#289680 - 11/10/06 04:29 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

BUMP 'tis the season!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 212 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3977

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review