All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
strange question,but this is bothering me to know the answere
      #353108 - 12/10/09 07:29 AM

Unregistered

well I was at work and a guy said when he was 18 he had to sign up for a draft...I asked is there anyway to get out of it,and everyone said only if your pregnant or have a life threatening condition. Does that mean someone with severe irritable bowel would have to be in the army or watever with terrible ibs and suffer so bad with everything from having stool stuck inside all day becaue they have to go to the bathroom several times an hour and aren't allowed or suffer eating the nasty food or starve?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: strange question,but this is bothering me to know the answere new
      #353111 - 12/10/09 09:13 AM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

Where are you from?If you are in The US or Canada I don't think you have to sign up for the military at all.
The draft is still used in some countries but not ours.

In cuba I think it is everyone is in the military.They all go for basic training so everyone in the country knows how to fight just in case.I think thats the right country.....not really a bad idea considering the state of things these days.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#353112 - 12/10/09 09:23 AM

Unregistered

well my friend from work who is now 19,had to sign up when he was 18,I'we're from north dakota. I guess all I wanted to know is if you can get out of a draft if there was or is one,becaue of terrible ibs. I thought the fact that I was a woman would be enough to get me out,but people at work laughed and said in the old days. I guess the fact that several people said only if your pregnant or have a life threatening condition,u can get out of it. I asked what if someone has a terrible back or a health condition where they have to follow a special diet, they said oh the military would find them somthing to do and you would have to eat their food or starve.

#353123 - 12/10/09 02:27 PM
Gerikat

Reged: 06/21/09

That is ridiculous! The draft has been gone for years...Thank God!

All males 18-25 need to register ... new
      #353125 - 12/10/09 02:58 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

All 18-25 year old males who are citizens of the United States need to register with the Selective Service. Which would then leave you available to be drafted if and when a draft was re-established.

The last draft ended in 1973 near the end of the SouthEast Asia War Games.

There are some circumstances that would stop you from being drafted into the military, but I don't think IBS would be one of them.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

Re: All males 18-25 need to register ... new
      #353129 - 12/10/09 03:58 PM

Unregistered

ok if someone with ibs got drafted and all they did was feel terrible and spend their whole day on the toilet,what good are they to the military? so if someone had a health condition,ibs and had to follow the ibs diet,the military wouldn't care and would just let that person suffer day and night? or wat if someone with ibs said to let them get out of the draft or they would kill themself? or wat if someone with ibs said they were gay or lesbian,don't know but is isn't that not allowed?

Edited by aperson (12/10/09 04:15 PM)

#353130 - 12/10/09 06:01 PM
Nelly

Reged: 08/06/04
Loc: Within stray mortar fire of DC

Yeah, I have always wondered about this too. Like how in Vietnam did soldiers with IBS cope?? I can't imagine the US gov't considering it a disqualifiable condition. US Social Security certainly doesn't view it it as a qualifying illness for a disability...

There are plenty of times I thought I was going to die having a D attack in the comfort of my bathroom, let alone outdoors in a jungle/forest/desert surrounded by guns, ammunition and war! The situation could be worse... No toilet paper, running water or cold linoleum on your hot cheek to pass out on, hands clenched, sweating and shivering...

~nelly~

#353132 - 12/10/09 07:21 PM
Gerikat

This has not happened in my family. Never knew a thing about it. None of my male relatives have done this. Hopefully, the draft will STAY a thing of the past.

#353133 - 12/10/09 07:31 PM

Unregistered

never knew a thing about what? would you think a women would be the last person to draft if there was one? if you say you are a lesbion(isn't that not allowed?) then they won't let u be drafted? or maybe if you said your digestive problems were so severe and you were already felt mentally unstable then said that if you were going to be drafted you would shoot yourself? or if you told them you already feel weak and like you will pass out from ibs?

#353136 - 12/10/09 07:47 PM
Gerikat

What in the world are you talking about? I am heterosexual. I was not aware of the need to register for anything. That is what I meant about not knowing a thing about it.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1399 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 15607

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review