All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
I got my hair permed and it fell out and frizzed!!
      #293087 - 12/10/06 01:24 PM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

I am so upset I got my hair permed on thursday and wash it today and it all fell out and frizzed it looks so horriable they say i can't due anything to it for about to weeks this is horrible i look like bozo i have been in tears all day what due i do? i can't go anywhere like this! I am so upset! Sheila

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: I got my hair permed and it fell out and frizzed!! new
      #293092 - 12/10/06 02:13 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

Well, they're right about the time frame... definitely DO NOT do anything else to your hair (in terms of chemical processing), or you'll just make it worse.

Invest in a good conditioner - I always liked Nexxus products when I had a perm - and try one of those anti-frizz serums that they sell. You can pick up something like that in any major drugstore chain, and they really do help.

Also, if you can avoid it, don't shampoo your hair every day. Go ahead and shower, wet down your hair, even use more conditioner, but don't put shampoo on it more often than every other day - again, dries it out, causes more damage.

I *hope* you raised holy he** with the salon who did your hair... accidents do happen, but there's no reason for something like your hair falling out - I've never had that happen even with a home perm! Demand a refund, and also demand that they fix it for free (when they can), and if they give you lip, demand LOUDER. Nobody wants to deal with someone who's causing a scene, heh.

Finally, take a deep breath. I don't mean to trivialize, but if there's one thing I've learned, it's that "it's only hair". Bad hair days suck, but your hair WILL recover and life will go on. And hey, at least it's winter, so when you leave the house, you can throw on a hat. (My worst hair disasters always seem to happen in the summer, when the best you can do is face the public with attitude - LOL!)

#293104 - 12/10/06 04:28 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

Casey has some awesome advice for you. Use a deep conditioning treatment too. I slather my hair in it and then put on a shower cap and settle into a bath. The heat from the bath will open the pores of your hair and the conditioner will set in. Then rinse and make sure you finish the rinse in cool water to close the cuticle again. You can also invest in spray leave-in conditioners like Infusium to help de-frizz. I totally understand what you are going through! I had the same about 10 years ago - my hair was to my waist and fell out in patchy clumps after a perm that didn't get rinsed enough.
And make sure you get your money back!! That is one thing I didn't get - $180 was a lot to spend on a bad perm!

Best of luck!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

#293133 - 12/10/06 08:36 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

You can try Ojon 3pc Restorative Hair Ritual kit. It may be pricy but it works. It's available on line or at Sephora.

#293158 - 12/11/06 08:10 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

A cheap alternative is a product called infusium, most drug stores carry it and its a protein leave in conditioner. I agree with everyone, pitch a fit, have them fix it when they can. Be sure to not blow dry it, it will only make it appear worse. In the meantime, buy some cute barrettes and a cute hat and like Casey said, its hair, it sucks right now, but it will grow back. You can be like me and just chop it all off!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

Re: THANK YOU ALL! new
      #293609 - 12/14/06 06:30 AM
emmasmom

Reged: 09/22/06
Loc: ILL

Thank you aal for your advice and help they gell work good and they said they would fix it next week if i wanted them to! thanks again and hugs to you all! ~Sheila

Re: Hair falling out... new
      #293689 - 12/14/06 01:33 PM
Lumiere

Reged: 06/30/06
Loc: New England

Hi there, yes...Casey has some excellent advice. One reason your hair is faliing out definitely has something to with the length of time they left the processing solution on!!! It WAS TOO LONG!!! Also, if you already color your hair they should have used Redken Inner Secret perm solution. It is the gentlest on double processed hair. You really should choose color OR perm, both are way too damaging and results in frizzing and/or hair loss.
Yes, you should complain and speak to the manager if you don't get reimbursed/offer to redo. I worked in a hair salon for 7 years and we always sided with the customer...you have to live with it! Bumble and Bumble's Curl Conscious is awesome for defining curl (even if you only have a bit), doesn't weigh the hair down and the curls are soft, not crispy. Good luck!

--------------------
Amy
IBS-A
Stable and thankful!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 413 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6537

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review