All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Well, it seems like the good news is contagious - don't pass out in shock but I've had some too!!!
      #272531 - 07/05/06 09:07 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

I'm telling you, this hot weather must be nurturing the good news tree, 'cause what with all these new jobs and proper diagnosis from proper doctors and weddings and such, there's far more positive stuff on here than there has been for ages! Oh, and I'm about to add to it too...

Unbelievably, after months and months of mistakes, delays, problems, lost documents, lost applications and utter incompetency, my application for Incapcity Benefit has finally been processed... AND I'VE GOT IT!!!! (and boy do I need it...)

It's a long story (which is summarised in my last blog post if you're interested), and took me completely losing my temper on the phone to the benefits office yesterday, but we've got there in the end.

The long and short of it is that I am now on Incapacity Benefit, which they are also going to backdate to 28th January (nearly as far as they should have done, and I'm not going to complain about a mere 6 missing weeks) - they now owe me £1,099.73 (about $2,017), and because I'm so utterly desperate they've made an exception and £400 of that ($734) will be in my account by close of play today.

I've completely forgot how to react to good news - I'm wandering round the house just sort of looking blankly at things!! (I'm also due on, so am having to resist the 'eat everything I see, whether it's food or not' urges...)

The only bad thing is that they've had my medical certificates/doctors notes for so long that I forgot when they expired, which turned out to be the 19th June, so I need to get my doc to do me a new one from that date and for the next couple of months. Once I send that into the benefits office they'll update my record, pay me that last little bit between the 19th June and the day they get the note, and from then on pay me weekly.

Think it's about £54 ($99) a week, which I know is peanuts, but it's certainly a lot better than zilch. I have massive debts, and may still have to go bankrupt, but this will certainly help.

Plus, the emotional relief and elation that's come from finally having something go right is priceless, and at the end of the day possibly means more to me than the cash itself.

Phew, I'm exhausted! Isn't all this good news stuff tiring?! Let's just hope the Good Luck Fairy continues to sprinkle her magic dust over the wonderful people on these boards...

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Well, it seems like the good news is contagious - don't pass out in shock but I've had some too!!! new
      #272536 - 07/05/06 09:12 AM
Janey

Reged: 10/25/03
Loc: Maryland

Caroline,

I am so happy for you. I know this is a big relief and will make everything much easier to deal with.

You are right, there are so many positive things going on right now it is very exciting.

Congratulations! Things are only going to go up from here.

--------------------
Janey

Re: Thanks Janey! Yep, big relief - feel 20lbs lighter! nt new
      #272553 - 07/05/06 09:42 AM
Blondie13

Reged: 02/28/06
Loc: Sheffield, England

--------------------
http://ibsblondie13.blogspot.com/

Re: Thats Wonderful News!! new
      #272555 - 07/05/06 09:45 AM
michele

Reged: 06/02/03
Loc: southeastern michigan

Sorry it took so long and you having to lose your temper but I understand the disability process is a very difficult one. I guess I'm not sure how it differes from country to country? Anyways, congrats!

--------------------
Taking it one day at a time.....

WOOOHOOO its about time someone threw you a bone!! ;) -nt- new
      #272560 - 07/05/06 09:54 AM
Dr. Spice Yamin

Reged: 04/15/04
Loc: Maryland

--------------------

YAY! new
      #272569 - 07/05/06 10:06 AM
cailin

Reged: 08/12/04
Loc: Dublin, Ireland

Caroline that is fantastic, you were well overdue good news.
Thrilled for you!

--------------------
S.

Don't stop working good luck fairy.... new
      #272672 - 07/05/06 04:17 PM
Natalie1985

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: UK - Leeds for uni, Merseyside for home!

hehe....that is FABULOUS NEWS Caz...sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
ooooooooooooooooo HAPPY FOR YOU.....LOL....didnt know what else to say so made it up in o's....lol........

Wahooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Lets hope things just get better and better!!

Made up for you!!

--------------------
Natalie

That's Great! new
      #272697 - 07/05/06 06:18 PM
Toady

Reged: 04/06/06
Loc: A small city, Northwestern Ontario, Canada

I'm happy for you!! You certainly waited long enough!!
And every little bit of good news helps!!

Cassandra

--------------------
Cassandra

Live like there's no tomorrow. Love like you've never loved before.

IBS A 20+ years, Chronic Migraines, Chiari Malformation (decompressed June 22, 2010), Brachial Neuritis, and ??? the list just keeps growing, but I'm still shiny side up!

Re: That's Great! new
      #272862 - 07/07/06 04:34 AM
pinkprincess

Reged: 08/17/05
Loc: Manchester, u.k

I`m a bit late but YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY for you xx

--------------------
http://www.myspace.com/jo_elsmere

Re: Well, it seems like the good news is contagious - don't pass out in shock but I've had some too!!! new
      #273018 - 07/07/06 07:49 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

Hi, Blondie. I don't think I've responded to a post of yours before, but I have read a couple and I really admire all that you're doing to help yourself and others on the boards. Anyway, congratulations on getting your Incapacity Benefit after all this time!

Quote:

I've completely forgot how to react to good news - I'm wandering round the house just sort of looking blankly at things!!

I've been there too. I hope you found some way to celebrate it once you got past the shock.

Best wishes!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 720 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2326

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review