All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)
A fun survey for all of you! Make me smile!
      #257250 - 04/09/06 01:37 PM
_Willow

Reged: 04/06/05
Loc: Canada.

A is for age: 30

B is for Booze of choice: Beer, Caesars, Bailey's or Smirnoff Ice

C is for career: Special Ed teacher....ok, substitute teacher

D is for your dog's name: No dog.Too sneezy.

E is for essential items you use everyday: Email, a ponytail holder, and my debit card, LOL!

F is for favorite song at the moment: Your Body is a Wonderland by John Mayer. Ok, anything by John Mayer.

G is for favorite games: Taboo, cards with Trev's family, Trivial
pursuit or Pictionary with my fam.

H is for hometown: Well, Fort St. Edmon-Sher-wood-John-Park-ton.:) I've been everywhere, man!

I is for instruments you play: Violin..thank you, thank you.

J is for jam or jelly you like: Stwawbewwy.

K is for Kids: Kayleigh Louisa

L is for last kiss: about an hour ago from kayleigh

M is for most admired trait: Tenacity, kindness.honesty. Oh I could go on and on.

N is for the name of your crush: LOL Terry Sharp as a kid, Trevor Webb still now!!

O is for overnight hospital stays: Oh, I think I'm at about 55-60 right about now. mostly pneumonia, asthma...but lately, mostly for tummy related stuff. Oh, and babies.

P is for phobias: Being abandoned. Never amounting to anything, never getting a real lifelong teaching job.

Q is for quotes you like: If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always had(me too, Micki) Also, live like a duck-calm and cool on the surface but paddling like the dickens underneath.

R is for biggest regret: Not taking university as seriously as I should have. Oh, and not caring about myself in college.

S is for sweets of your choice: Chocolate chip cookies MMMMMMMMMMM

T is for the time you wake up: Um, it changed
depending where I work that day. Tomorrow, 6 AM. barf.

U is for underwear: strtchy and comfy and smallish.

V is for vegetable you love: raw carrots, asparagus cooked, broccoli either way, peas either way, actually, I like almost all veggies. butternut squash are a biiig fave....

W is for worst habit: oh, beating myself up for things out of my control.

X is for x-rays you've had: about a thousdand on my lungs, and several on sprained ankles, wrists, my GI tract, ultrasounds during and well after pregnancy. yeah, I'm a medical guinea pig.

Y is for yummy food you make: HAAAAAAAAA!!!!! that's so funny.nothing.

Z is for zodiac sign: Aquisces.I'm a cusp baby. Quirky brainy Aquarius and spacey, lovey dovey,conflicted
Pisces. it's so me it's scary. It makes more sense than it should, doesn't it? I'm a genius who walks into walls.

--------------------
Keep on keepin' on...

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: A fun survey for all of you! Make me smile! new
      #257262 - 04/09/06 03:17 PM
Snorkie

Reged: 02/15/05
Loc: Northern Illinois, USA

A is for age: 34

B is for Booze of choice: Beer you can't see through or red wine

C is for career: Museum educator

D is for your dog's name: No dog. I shed enough as it is!

E is for essential items you use everyday: E-mail, fiber supplements, pens

F is for favorite song at the moment: Closer to Fine (Indigo Girls)

G is for favorite games: Trivial Pursuit and Scrabble

H is for hometown: I'm an Army brat. I don't claim a single town, but I do claim the entire state of Michigan!

I is for instruments you play: The radio and CD player.

J is for jam or jelly you like: Strawberry. (Homemade is the bestest but I'll eat store stuff, too.)

K is for Kids: Does my husband count? He does have a lot of toys.

L is for last kiss: 5 minutes ago from my husband

M is for most admired trait: Perserverance and kindness.

N is for the name of your crush: I think my husband Michka is pretty nifty now. (I like understating things. ) In my college days, my college boyfriend Scott and I had huge humoungous crushes on each other for at least 6 months before we started dating. It drove our friends nuts, I was later told.

O is for overnight hospital stays: Um, I was probably in the hospital for a day or two when I was born, but otherwise, none!

P is for phobias: Spiders, having the same job forever, living in the same town forever

Q is for quotes you like: Something Peter Jennings said, something along the lines of "There is no one universal truth for all people."

R is for biggest regret: Not having more fun in college and being in a really bad relationship later on because I thought I had to settle.

S is for sweets of your choice: Chocolate!

T is for the time you wake up: 6:30 AM, whether I need to be up then or not! For someone who used to be able to sleep 'til noon, it's really annoying!

U is for underwear: Cotton

V is for vegetable you love: raw carrots, asparagus steamed, broccoli steamed, green beans, sugar snap peas

W is for worst habit: Roller coaster confidence and being somewhat of a slob!

X is for x-rays you've had: My bum (Yes, seriously. It ACHES when I don't exercise enough. Thank goodness for Flexall!), the lower GI I had when I was 16, my roto-rooter experience for IBS, and I think that's it.

Y is for yummy food you make: My Grandma's spice cake recipe, chicken curry noodle soup, chocolate chip cookies (I have a recipe that makes a TON of them...Okay, not a ton, but 5 dozen.)

Z is for zodiac sign: Aquarius.

#257264 - 04/09/06 03:41 PM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

I love surveys and no one ever responds to mine So I'm definately going to answer this one for you!

A is for age: 24

B is for Booze of choice: I don't drink

C is for career: Financial Advisor

D is for your dog's name: No dog, cat's name is Mr. Bojangles

E is for essential items you use everyday: The computer(!), face wash, earplugs, warm socks!

F is for favorite song at the moment: Out Tonight from RENT (or really anything from RENT)

G is for favorite games: Monopoly

H is for hometown: North York/Markham

I is for instruments you play: Piano and at one point the clarinet but I don't think I'd remember how to anymore

J is for jam or jelly you like: Raspberry

K is for Kids: Don't have any

L is for last kiss: This morning with my fiance

M is for most admired trait: I guess kindness...I hope so anyways

N is for the name of your crush: Any of the boys from Take That when I was younger No crush now, just my Scott.

O is for overnight hospital stays: Umm... 8 days in August of 2004...and then a whole bunch when I was about 2 weeks old but I don't know exactly how long.

P is for phobias: Too many to name...here are a few: heights, flying, spiders, earwigs (oh heck, any bugs really), failure, getting sick, cancer etc.

Q is for quotes you like: I hope I don't screw this up: "Shoot for the moon, even if you miss, you'll land among the stars."

R is for biggest regret: Not being able to finish University (yet)

S is for sweets of your choice: Ice Cream...definately Ice Cream...current favorite is M&M Minis with Fudge Swirl or World Class Chocolate from Baskin Robbins

T is for the time you wake up: Ridiculous time...usually sometime between 1 and 3PM (I know terrible...but keep in mind I'm generally up till about 6AM)

U is for underwear: The ones I like the most are plain ol' bikini style Hanes...but I have nicer ones

V is for vegetable you love: Butternut squash, yams and salad.

W is for worst habit: Unending what-if questions that I can never make stop.

X is for x-rays you've had: Way more than I would like. Probably about 30 of my head (for sinus problems), quite a few of chest (costochondritis) and various other one-offs.

Y is for yummy food you make: Yeah, I don't cook.

Z is for zodiac sign: Aries

#257265 - 04/09/06 03:53 PM
lalala

Reged: 02/14/05

A is for age: 29

B is for Booze of choice: wine

C is for career: library clerk, writer

D is for your dog's name: N/A

E is for essential items you use everyday: lipstick, heat pads

F is for favorite song at the moment: "Satin Chic" by Goldfrapp and "Keine Melodien" by Peaches

G is for favorite games: Board games: Carcasonne, Ricochet Robot; Card games: Mama Mía; Video games: Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney

H is for hometown: Blah!

I is for instruments you play: clarinet, piano, and a bit of saxaphone and bass guitar. Oh, and I can play B flat on the trombone.

J is for jam or jelly you like: Grape

K is for Kids: funny

L is for last kiss: sweet

M is for most admired trait: honesty

N is for the name of your crush: my BF

O is for overnight hospital stays: 3 (one surgery, two illnesses)

P is for phobias: planes

Q is for quotes you like: none

R is for biggest regret: (Can't think of anything right now.)

S is for sweets of your choice: Luna Bars, apple crisp

T is for the time you wake up: 8:15 am

U is for underwear: black

V is for vegetable you love: broccoli, carrots, asparagus, corn, potatoes, squash...I guess all of them!

W is for worst habit: interrupting

X is for x-rays you've had: chest, hand, hips, teeth/jaw (also have had an echocardiogram, abdominal ultrasound, sigmoidoscopy)

Y is for yummy food you make: black bean salsa, lentil soup, Spanish tortilla (not that I can eat it now)

Z is for zodiac sign: Sagittarius

Edited by Maria! Maria! (04/09/06 03:56 PM)

#257272 - 04/09/06 04:41 PM
K2

Reged: 01/29/06
Loc: Canada

A is for age: 22

B is for Booze of choice: Haven't found one I like yet (not that I'm looking for a drink..)

C is for career: Student for life

D is for your dog's name: nope, buying a cat as soon as I move out though!

E is for essential items you use everyday: lipgloss, peppermint patties and this website

F is for favorite song at the moment: I'm Yours by Jason Mraz.

G is for favorite games: poker, completely addicted to watching the poker channel I get on tv and at the gym!

H is for hometown: Ottawa ON

I is for instruments you play: I could probably remember how to play piano, I was once pretty good.

J is for jam or jelly you like: Stwawberry.

K is for Kids: Not for a while!

L is for last kiss: wow I can't remember haha

M is for most admired trait: respectfulness

N is for the name of your crush: Cute guy who keeps distracting me from studying for finals, we'll leave his name as cute guy for now

O is for overnight hospital stays: Nope, not that I know of

P is for phobias: Giant squirrels/bears, being in the woods in the dark, moving away from family and friends

Q is for quotes you like: Born to shop yet forced to go to school

R is for biggest regret: Not being comfortable in my own skin until now

S is for sweets of your choice: chocolate in any form or amount

T is for the time you wake up: 11:00am, unless I have class

U is for underwear: La Senza - comfy ones not ridiculous ones

V is for vegetable you love: tomatoes, grean beans

W is for worst habit: biting my lips

X is for x-rays you've had: middle finger (somehow got squished in a door when I was 6), back (crooked like a bow yet I have crazy good posture)

Y is for yummy food you make: brownies

Z is for zodiac sign: cancer crab

whew! that was fun!
Kat

--------------------
Kat

#257277 - 04/09/06 06:06 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

A is for age: 26

B is for Booze of choice: Used to be Strawberry Daiquiris, I'm a strict no-boozer now.

C is for career: Nanny, just started on my Interior Design Degree

D is for your dog's name: My cat acts like a dog. Does that count?

E is for essential items you use everyday: Neutrogena hand lotion and chapstick, my glasses, whatever book I'm in the middle of, and my husband. He's good for at least one thing every day. LOL.

F is for favorite song at the moment: Figlio Perduto - Sarah Brightman. Music originally written by Beethoven. His 7th symphony. This has been my favorite for a few years. Probably won't change anytime soon.

G is for favorite games: Trivial Pursuit, Skip-Bo, and Zelda

H is for hometown: Birmingham, AL, Sandy Lake, PA, Most of Riverside and Orange COunties in Cali. We moved a lot.

I is for instruments you play: I sing, so my vocal chords?

J is for jam or jelly you like: Strawberry

K is for Kids: Well, technically we don't have kids, but my husband acts like a child.

L is for last kiss: Hubby this morning.

M is for most admired trait: Honesty

N is for the name of your crush: Hubby is pretty cute. So is Johnny Depp.

O is for overnight hospital stays: No overnights fortunately.

P is for phobias: Spiders

Q is for quotes you like: Forget regret or life is yours to miss. -RENT I know exactly where I am, I'm right here. -Me

R is for biggest regret: None. If I had done anything differently, I wouldn't be where I am.

S is for sweets of your choice: TJs Vegan Chocolate chip cookies, dried fruit

T is for the time you wake up: 6am most days

U is for underwear: Victoria's Secret. I don't think she has any secrets left.

V is for vegetable you love: Asparagus, potatoes, mushrooms, yams, red onion, green onion, avocado, cherry tomatoes, most of the produce section.

W is for worst habit: Control freak! That's me. Not really a habit I guess.

X is for x-rays you've had: Back and chest.

Y is for yummy food you make: Too many to list, I love to cook and eat. My all time favorite, well, way up there anyway, is Garlic Angel Hair Pasta with garlic sauteed shrimp. Topped with soy parmesan. Ahhhhh...

Z is for zodiac sign: Libra all the way.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#257279 - 04/09/06 06:22 PM
Flipada

Reged: 03/02/06
Loc: West Michigan, USA

A is for age: 36

B is for Booze of choice: Red wine (Shiraz!)

C is for career: High School Spanish/French teacher

D is for your dog's name: No dog. But DS just got a hamster (Buster). I have to admit, he's pretty cute.

E is for essential items you use everyday: laptop, watch, CD player in the car, my stupid glasses

F is for favorite song at the moment: My all-time fav is "Me and Bobby McGee" Janis Joplin style.

G is for favorite games: Othello and Scrabble

H is for hometown: I've lived all over Michigan but still claim the Detroit area as where I'm from.

I is for instruments you play: I used to play piano and cello and now I tinker with the guitar. I mostly play my vocal cords...lalalala!

J is for jam or jelly you like: Blackberry and Peach

K is for Kids: My beautiful sons Tanner(10) and Logan(7)

L is for last kiss: um, hold on a second.....ahh, just now!

M is for most admired trait: Generosity and kindness

N is for the name of your crush: My DH is better than any crush I've ever had. LOVE that man!

O is for overnight hospital stays: Dehydrated as a kid, birth of kids, gallbladder out.

P is for phobias: Heights, yucky bugs, being left...

Q is for quotes you like: "There's a reason for everything". I truly believe that. You don't always know right away but usually later, you can see the lesson in the pain.

R is for biggest regret: Spending 11 years in a really bad marriage. BUT, out of it came 2 great boys.

S is for sweets of your choice: Dark chocolate truffles!

T is for the time you wake up: 5:00 a.m. And tomorrow...my Spring Break is officially over. I can feel a tummy ache coming on.

U is for underwear: boy shorts, cotton and comfy

V is for vegetable you love: I love most veggies...they just don't seem to love me anymore. I miss my salads.

W is for worst habit: Being too anal about things. Too self-critical.

X is for x-rays you've had: Where do I start? Sinuses, knees, back, leg, shoulder. Probably more but I can't remember.

Y is for yummy food you make: Yeah right! If it weren't for my DH, I'd starve.

Z is for zodiac sign: Leo

--------------------
Flipada - IBS-C "It's a gas, gas, gas"
**Lauren**

oh why not - Im' waiting on a banana bread to finish baking new
      #257281 - 04/09/06 06:29 PM
ecmmbm

Reged: 02/23/03
Loc: North Carolina

A is for age: 33

B is for Booze of choice: Vodka

C is for career: Homeschool Mommy

D is for your dog's name: Samwise

E is for essential items you use everyday: Cell phone, keys, debit card, water bottles, computer, and Bible!

F is for favorite song at the moment: everything on Switchfoot's CD

G is for favorite games: I love Taboo, and Uno (with the kids)

H is for hometown: born in Richmond, VA

I is for instruments you play: piano, sing

J is for jam or jelly you like: I love fig!

K is for Kids: Luke (7) Aaron (5) Sarah (3)

L is for last kiss: kissed Luke goodnight about 8:30

M is for most admired trait: Hmmmm... people say I am patient with my kids (LOL!) but in all honesty I think that is true, and people say I really "hear" and "see" them, I like that

N is for the name of your crush: my crush? Growing up there was everyone from John Travolta to Kirk Cameron. Right now I think this good looking bald guy named Eric is pretty hot.

O is for overnight hospital stays: good grief in the last 4 years I've been in twice a year!!!!! too many...

P is for phobias: Pretty severe clautrophobia, especially in a tight crowd of people.

Q is for quotes you like: When you can't see His hand, trust His heart.

R is for biggest regret: Not devoting myself more fully into relationships, I missed out on a lot by holding my heart back for years.

S is for sweets of your choice: I like them all too much!

T is for the time you wake up: 6 am :P

U is for underwear: cotton thongs

V is for vegetable you love: unfortunately I love veggies raw and in salads (they don't really like ME that way though)

W is for worst habit: guilting myself, and picking the skin off my fingers... and spending too much time on the PC!!!!

X is for x-rays you've had: everything between my shoulders and my crotch has been scanned and scoped to death

Y is for yummy food you make: homemade bread, by necessity, but it is yummy

Z is for zodiac sign: aquarius, for whatever that means

Thanks Shannon - these things can be fun!

--------------------
Take care,
Michelle
...the greatest of these is LOVE. (I Cor 13)

Oooh, my favorite subject! LOL new
      #257284 - 04/09/06 06:59 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

A is for age: 31

B is for Booze of choice: a good Chardonnay or a margarita

C is for career: professional slacker

D is for your dog's name: No dog. Cats are superior!

E is for essential items you use everyday: A mug (for Teeccino!), the stove, my computer, my brain.

F is for favorite song at the moment: No single favorite song, but I'm way into Arabic music right now.

G is for favorite games: With other people, Monopoly and Trivial Pursuit. Alone and goofing off on my computer, Text Twist and Mah Jong Solitaire. Also, Adam and I NEVER miss Jeopardy unless there's something of major importance going on - we play against the contestants while we eat dinner, LOL!

H is for hometown: the bustling metropolis of Middletown, NY.

I is for instruments you play: The stereo? Haha. Adam's tried to teach me guitar and bass, but I'm hopeless.

J is for jam or jelly you like: Seedless blackberry, or my *homemade* (yes, because I'm a Martha-Stewart-wannabe dork) apple-maple jam.

K is for Kids: --

L is for last kiss: about 5 minutes ago

M is for most admired trait: Admired as in... what I admire in other people, or what they admire in me? What other people seem to admire in me is my fearlessness. There's nothing I won't try, and if I get an idea in my head, I will just DO it - whether it's small like learning to roll sushi, or big like picking up my entire life and moving 400 miles in less than 2 weeks' time. I don't think about failure till it happens.

N is for the name of your crush: I don't have a real crush. Adam doesn't count. LOL Celebrity crush? Drew Barrymore, always & forever. And Rachel Brice. Yes, it's true, I only have crushes on women.

O is for overnight hospital stays: Not a single one. *knocks on wood*

P is for phobias: Spiders.

Q is for quotes you like: My current favorite is my signature line.

R is for biggest regret: Getting married to the wrong people. Twice.

S is for sweets of your choice: Brownies! Chocolate-covered cherries!

T is for the time you wake up: 6am.

U is for underwear: None, thanks.

V is for vegetable you love: I love veggies in general. Right now I'm on an Asian food kick, so I've been eating TONS of cabbage, mushrooms, scallions, cucumbers, avocado (I know, not a veggie)... and then of course there's my daily salads... I could seriously eat lettuce all day and not get tired of the crunch. Yum!

W is for worst habit: Beating myself up for who I am and what I look like.

X is for x-rays you've had: The dental kind, oh so many, and one chest X-ray.

Y is for yummy food you make: I'm a good cook. Anything I try comes out phenomenal. Think I'm kidding? Come over for dinner sometime.

Z is for zodiac sign: Aquarius, Leo ascending. And I'm so true to it that it's sick.

Re: Lynx's Survey-thingie! new
      #257289 - 04/09/06 07:30 PM
Lynx

Reged: 04/21/05

A is for age: 20

B is for Booze of choice: I don't drink!

C is for career: Student, driving people insane!

D is for your dog's name: Waffles

E is for essential items you use everyday: My bike, i-POD, bed zzz... Nintendo DS, e-mail, food!

F is for favorite song at the moment: Simple Minds - Murder Story

G is for favorite games: Final Fantasy 4,7,9, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross, Chinese Checkers

H is for hometown: Sacramento

I is for instruments you play: I sing... Wait, does a kazoo count?

J is for jam or jelly you like: Raspberry, blackberry

K is for Kids: Taking care of myself is hard enough! Why would I want kids?

L is for last kiss: This weird but kinda cute russian guy that I met at the gym

M is for most admired trait: being synical?

N is for the name of your crush: Crush? You mean like a hammer and something breakable... right?

O is for overnight hospital stays: Ummm... Probably when I was born?

P is for phobias: Needles! People who try to hit me when I have to bike around.

Q is for quotes you like: If I got a dollar everytime you said something intelligent, do you know how bankrupt I would be? Quote from me!!

R is for biggest regret: Breaking up with my ex

S is for sweets of your choice: Anything sour!!

T is for the time you wake up: 7:00 am - 8:00 am

U is for underwear: You perv, you think I'd tell you that?

V is for vegetable you love: carrots, lettuce, cabbage... uhh... does candy count?

W is for worst habit: being negative and impulsive

X is for x-rays you've had: my arm once when I was little. Thought it might have been broken, but it wasn't. Yay! My bowels many, many times.

Y is for yummy food you make: Oatmeal, stir fry, scrambeld egg beaters, french toast.. uhh... cereal!!

Z is for zodiac sign: Virgo/Oxen

--------------------
Check out my gallery! http://niomie.deviantart.com/

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 414 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 30722

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review