Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Not The Greatest New Years Eve/Early Morning For The Marr's
      #134167 - 01/01/05 11:51 AM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

But things are looking up now.........

I made a NICE dinner for us and we planned to just stay home and watch movies that we rented and then go across the street to the beach at midnight and watch the fireworks from the Spaceneedle. Well, we had a wonderful dinner....(totally NOT IBS safe but I have been stable so I gave it a go)....good news is that I did not have any attacks at all....but poor Shane got sick to his tummy (but he was already not really feeling well BEFORE dinner). At about 11:20pm he was throwing up.... he was HOPING it would make him feel better, but no luck. We toasted at midnight with a glass of sparkling cider and watched the fireworks on TV w/the countdown. About 12:15am or so he got sick again.... We watched another movie and then we went to bed poor Shane was up another 3-4 times getting sick.... around 5am he was up and getting water to drink in the kitchen when he heard this BOOM/POP and a flash of blue light... I yelled from the bedroom..."are you ok?" he said, "yes..." I was already out of bed and in the hallway when he says, " we have a fire!!" We both grabbed fire extinguisher (we have 2 of them)...Shane got to it first and put it out.... It was the ceiling fan above the stove that I had turned on when making dinner... it must have started to fail last night because neither of us even realized it was still on... then who knows what happened. So, I will call and report it tomorrow since it IS New Years Day. I just finished washing all the dishes that were on the stove when the fire was put out... it made one hell of a mess. Anyway, back to poor Shane... he still got sick one more time and also had "D"... he finally got some sleep and then about 7am he woke up screaming with a nasty leg cramp.... I KNOW how to help with those... so I got him relaxed, got him up to stretch and gave him so more water and tucked him (and myself) back into bed....we woke up about 9am. Shane is still on the couch wrapped in my comfy blanket that I use when I have an attack.... he requested some eggbeaters about 11am and so far so good....

So, here's looking to a better day and year... hope this is NOT what 2005 will be like....

Happy New Year Everyone!!

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Oh no! new
      #134170 - 01/01/05 12:00 PM
Sara-Sage

Reged: 02/04/04

What a night. I hope he's feeling better and you don't catch it if it's a stomach flu.

Glad the fire was contained.

Yikes!

I feel for ya and can relate!! new
      #134177 - 01/01/05 12:44 PM
heather7476

Reged: 08/09/04
Loc: South East Michigan

Rich is sick as a dog right now!! He seemed ok this morning just a sore thoart and a mild ear ache but that has changed to a high fever and very swollen thoart! Already talked to the doc and I have to take him in mon! If his fever gets any worse it is the er for us!! I to am hoping this is not how the whole year is going to go!!

Hope shane is feeling better soon and that you get to enjoy your day!!! BIG HUGS!!!!

--------------------
Heather7476

Re: Not The Greatest New Years Eve/Early Morning For The Marr's new
      #134198 - 01/01/05 02:49 PM
Sheri01

Reged: 04/19/04
Loc: New Jersey

Yuck, it sucks being sick on New Years, but atleast you two got to spend it together still. I really hope that you don't catch what Shane has!
Hope both of you are feeling better.

--------------------
-Sheri

#134205 - 01/01/05 03:06 PM

Unregistered

Aww I hope Shane if feeling much better asap and you all can start enjoying the new year!

Good thing that spark didn't happen when no one was around because that could have been serious!

Take care of yourself and don't YOU go get sick!

#134280 - 01/01/05 08:35 PM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Wow, what a way to start the new year! I hope Shane is better now. Holy cow, I can't believe the fire story!!! How scary!!! I better get a fire extinguisher. I'm glad you guys were able to put it out.
Terri

Re: Oh no! new
      #134282 - 01/01/05 08:47 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

What a night. I hope he's feeling better and you don't catch it if it's a stomach flu. We still are not sure what it was...but he is feeling a little better now...

Glad the fire was contained. Yes, very scarry!!

Yikes!

--------------------

Re: I feel for ya and can relate!! new
      #134284 - 01/01/05 08:48 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Rich is sick as a dog right now!! He seemed ok this morning just a sore thoart and a mild ear ache but that has changed to a high fever and very swollen thoart! Already talked to the doc and I have to take him in mon! If his fever gets any worse it is the er for us!! I to am hoping this is not how the whole year is going to go!! Sorry Rich is not feeling well either....

Hope shane is feeling better soon and that you get to enjoy your day!!! BIG HUGS!!!! We did enjoy the day together......after I got back from the gym it was a couch, blanket, & movie day for us.

--------------------

#134285 - 01/01/05 08:50 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Yuck, it sucks being sick on New Years, but atleast you two got to spend it together still. Yes, that is all that really mattered to me... I really hope that you don't catch what Shane has! I hope so too...being that I'm still not over this chest cold.... but that is all about the vows!!
Hope both of you are feeling better. We are....thanks!!

--------------------

#134286 - 01/01/05 08:51 PM
Shell Marr

Quote:

Aww I hope Shane if feeling much better asap and you all can start enjoying the new year! We are enjoying today/tonight.... it has been a pretty good day since this afternoon....

Good thing that spark didn't happen when no one was around because that could have been serious! No kidding...that is what I keep thinking about...freaky stuff!!

Take care of yourself and don't YOU go get sick! crossing fingers too!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 65 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2892

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review