All Boards >> The Living Room

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
I'm home from the Cruise.......and feeling so much better !
      #106802 - 09/19/04 08:39 AM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Because of Hurricane Ivan, we did not get to see Cancun or Cozumel, that was fine, just as long as we spent time together. We had so much fun, the food I ate had nothing to do with the IBS diet, I chomped on Equalactin, and Levsin. I did great most of the time, the next to the last day, I started running to the bathroom. I did not mention it to my mom and sis, I did not want them so worry about me, we allready had enough on our minds. Mom did great, we spent the mornings doing what she wanted to do, then after lunch she would have a nap, and we would then go to dinner, and she would hang out with us for a while, then back to bed. (Her fatigue was really worrying me, she was laying in bed watching movies and reading her books). She went into Port twice with us, the heat was just too unbearable for her. There was not much to see or do, the 2nd port, was filled with citizens who hate Americans, sooooo we went on back to the ship. The cruise line has heard from me on that one!!
When we headed home, the swells were 24', many people were ill, we made it just fine. The skies were sunny, we ran around the Gulf Of Mexico getting away from Ivan.

In spite of it all, we accomplished what our trip was all about, spending time with Mom. She had so much fun, and we did too, wouldnt trade the experience for anything.

My costrochrondritis dissapeared the 2nd day, I was having such a great time that I didn't realize it until the day we came home. Yayyyyyyyyyyyyy!! Hope it doesn't come back, ever.

We are now working on getting Mom a new Dr. in Houston and going from there. Prayers will be appreciated.

To all of you who posted to me last week, I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your support. It meant the world to me to come home and find them. {{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} to you all!

gayla

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Yea, Gayla is back!! new
      #106807 - 09/19/04 09:14 AM
MissS

Reged: 02/11/04

Hi Gayla!
I've thought about you through the week and wondered if you'd managed to escape Ivan. I'm so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time.

How great that your costochondritis? disappeared. God does things like that, doesn't He?

When you spoke about your Mom last time, you said that her doctor denied telling her she had leukemia. So, does that mean that she really doesn't or are you getting another opinion? I was a little confused about that.

It's nice to have you back and I'll be reading all your posts to learn about how your Mom is doing.
Great to see you,
Terri

Welcome back, Gayla new
      #106809 - 09/19/04 09:27 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Gayla,

So happy to hear your trip was so much fun and you got to spend time with your mom & eat some yummy food. How old is your mom? My mom is 85 and she is in pretty good health and still gets around on her own but she is limited to what she does. Usually when we go shopping she can only make about 2 stores and lunch and she's ready to head home. Your mom probably just can't keep up with you youg ones anymore! I will be sixty in Oct. and I know I have really slowed down. Like yesterday, we went to dinner & movie with friends and that did me in. They want us to go to the Renissance Festival for a weekend......hope I can hold out for that.

Anyway, glad to have you back and in such good spirits. AND, YAAY, the costo is gone!!!!

Barbie

PS: Let's keep our fingers crossed that we can make it through the rest of hurricaine season with no hurricaines.

--------------------

Glad you had a good time Gayla! new
      #106812 - 09/19/04 10:32 AM
Vicam

Reged: 02/24/04
Loc: Ontario, Canada

Welcome home!

I'm glad that you had such a good time on your trip and that you're constochondritis went away Here's hoping it never comes back again!

Just out of curiousity, what port was it where they all hated Americans?

Kelly

Welcome home! ---nt--- new
      #106871 - 09/19/04 05:03 PM
BL

Reged: 06/01/03

Re: Welcome back, Gayla new
      #106907 - 09/19/04 09:29 PM
gigi

Barbie, thank you ! I am glad to be back and feeling healthier. I couldnt have enjoyed my my mom and sis more, my sister is a bigger idiot than I am, she doesnt think so though, hahahahhah.

Mom is 68 in October, actually she gets around pretty good, she just runs out of energy quick. We are used to having long long shoppin days with her, and she would suffer in silence just to spend time with us. Believe me, we both feel bad that we have drug her around everywhere, but she never complained. Now, we are going to make a couple of stores, then lunch, then home. Just like you do with your mom.

How are things with your sister and her daughter, I know she is going through a trying time right now. I sure hope things are getting better for her. How much repair work does she have to get done on her house?

Hope you are doing good yourself, you don't look 60 to me honey!!!!

gayla

Re: Yea, Gayla is back!! new
      #106913 - 09/19/04 09:40 PM
gigi

Thanks Terri, sorry to be so vague. We don't know anything, she is suppossed to be making an appointment Monday morning. I will be calling to make sure she does, if she doesn't sound good, I will make the call for her.

That idiot Dr. she went to left her hanging with out an answer to anything. I am going to have her and my step dad go over and get the medical records which should have the original lab report. That, hopefully will shed more light on the situation. At any rate, we still have lots of questions to be answered.

I will keep this updated as we make progress. THanks for your concern, I am so worried for those poor people in Fla. who are suffering so from Ivan. What a mess, it is so sad. I wish some of that rain could have come over here, my yard is burning up, there is no water in the creek that winds around in front of my house. Everything is literally burning up. IT is heartbreaking to look at my yard that I have worked so hard in, turning brown, brown, brown

Have you started your projects for the grandchildren yet? You got a burning desire going inside of me to do the same thing. I have a baby shower coming up, and I am thinking about that fleece blanket with the tied fringe around the edges. Hmmm, I better get busy....hope to talk to you soon!!
My friend!!! {{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}

Re: Kelly, the Port is Vera Cruz, Mexico.....nt new
      #106914 - 09/19/04 09:42 PM
gigi

Thanks, Gayla new
      #106935 - 09/20/04 06:35 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi Gayla,

Thanks so much for the compliment....I am fortunate.

My sis & niece are doing pretty good so far. I went over one day and helped do some clean-up and then her son & friends painted the room. Now she just needs carpet and it will be in pretty good shape. My niece is on some new meds and I think they might be helping....only time will tell.

My sister is a real "hoot", too. Makes me laugh so hard.

Have a great day
Barbie

--------------------

Re: I'm home from the Cruise.......and feeling so much better ! new
      #107055 - 09/20/04 02:32 PM
LauraSue

Reged: 01/14/04
Loc: New York City

Welcome back, Gayla!!

--------------------
Laura
Keep it simple!

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 293 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5578

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review