All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Missing symptom
      #341062 - 01/20/09 05:49 PM
Wyowoman

Reged: 01/18/09
Loc: Wyoming

I am new to the site and have been reading it voraciously for all the excellent information. I have ordered the Acacia, recipe book and hypno DVDs and expect excellent results with all the diet changes I have made. I am confused about one thing, tho. I went through a large battery of tests several years ago for some nagging upper abdominal pain-colonoscopy, barium swallow, upper endoscopy, abdominal CT, test for Celiac Disease, pelvic ultrasound and maybe more that I have forgotten. All came back negative except to show some slight gastritis. Since then, I have had all the symptoms of IBS-D occurring about once/week, or more if in a stressful situation for about the last four years. When not having a bout I go back to being constipated. Now my question relates to the fact that I never have pain when I am having an attack. Heather's writings indicate that pain is always present in IBS. My Dr. has never actually diagnosed me with IBS, she said at one time that my bowel probably has some inflammation going on-so slight that it would not show up on biopsy, but enough to cause these symptoms. I have always felt I had IBS since it comes out of nowhere, lasts a day and is gone again plus is so affected by stress (if I have to speak in public I can count on running to the bathroom beforehand just thinking about it). I have also had many instances of the gastrocolic reflex over many years. I am now 62 but at age 35 right after the birth of my 3rd child this all seemed to start. Back then it became mostly a constipation problem and then I did have very painful cramps. It went away for a long time and I just figured it was back now and that IBS was the problem. Any thoughts out there? Thanks for any input.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Missing symptom new
      #341066 - 01/20/09 08:18 PM
Double J

Reged: 03/09/06
Loc: High Rocky Mountains ibs-d

Try posting this in the Living Room board. There is much more traffic through there.

--------------------
Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow”. Mary Anne Radmacher

#341069 - 01/20/09 09:29 PM
Wyowoman

Reged: 01/18/09
Loc: Wyoming

Thanks, will do.

#342163 - 02/15/09 06:25 PM
eagles20

Reged: 02/13/09
Loc: NJ/Philly area

You should probably keep track of what you eat and which foods and activities cause flare ups. Also, you may have food allergies or lactose intolerance? Have you ever checked for those?

--------------------
I suffer from anxiety, depression, IBS, and lactose intolerance. I think they are all related. If anyone has any suggestions or just want to talk, shoot me an email. I'd love to talk to people with similar symptoms, people who can understand what I am going through. I am also waiting for a kidney transplant. Thanks and God bless you all!

#342435 - 02/21/09 10:16 AM
lilycat

Reged: 01/06/09

Hi there. If this all started after the birth of your child, then I would think that your IBS symptoms are being caused by pelvic floor dysfunction. Mine were, and I hadn't even given birth. You should look into that possibility.

#342554 - 02/24/09 01:21 PM
mrae

Reged: 02/05/09
Loc: California

I also got the ibs symptoms right after I gave birth to my third child. I also do not have any cramping or pain just running to the bathroom. I also don't always have diarrhia but I have numerous bowel movements with urgency. I have never heard of Pelvic Floor Dysfunction until I read the comment here. I will have to check into that. I was told after all the tests came back ok I had IBS or just a sensitive stomach.
-----------------------------------------------
IBS-D, Diverticulosis

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 148 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6410

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review