All Boards >> IBS Fitness & Lifestyle Board Discussions

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
need more energy
      #325941 - 03/03/08 07:49 AM
JJIbeach

Reged: 04/09/07
Loc: Wakefield, RI

OK, cutting caffeine from my diet is easily the most difficult thing ever... maybe my stomach feels a little better, but I get the withdrawal headaches and I am exhausted by mid-afternoon every day regardless of how much sleep I get! It is affecting my classes, my work, and my relationships. I am trying to explore other ways to keep my energy up throughout the day... I try to convince myself if I eat a little snack (a safe one, of course), it will give me more energy, but I generally just feel more exhausted after I eat anything. I have no idea what to do, does anybody have any suggestions??

Thanks!

--------------------
21, female, Long Island, NY
school in Kingston, RI

IBS-C, abdominal pain, gas, bloating, cramping; acid reflux; fibromyalgia; chronic fatigue syndrome; chronic headaches

"Nothing is either good or bad, but thinking makes it so."

"Suffering arises ... whenever we resist the flow of life and try to cling to fixed forms..., whether they are things, events, people, or ideas."

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: need more energy new
      #325942 - 03/03/08 08:11 AM
Barbara50

Reged: 09/26/07
Loc: Texas

How long have you been off caffeine?? How much caffeine did you normally take before?? I used to drink 2 cups of strong coffee every morning to get my eyes open. I quit cold turkey when I found out I had IBS (last spring). I had the fatigue and the headaches but they went away after about a month. I do need food in order not to feel tired--this for me means quality carbohydrates. I bake french bread that I keep on hand for snacks with a little safe jam or jelly. I also make sure that I start the day with a good breakfast. Currently I am eating cream of rice with almond milk added to it along with a couple spoons of sugar and a sprinkle of cinnamon. You also have to make sure you drink your 64 oz. of liquid during the day. You can count your alternative milk and tea in this total but if you don't get the full 64 oz. it will add to your overall problem. Some people I know use drinks with vitamin B complexes in them. Vitamins in all forms seem to irritate my tummy so I'm not trying them but those that do swear they give them more energy. Also don't forget to exercise 30 minutes each day for added stamina and energy.

--------------------
IBS-D, Gas & Bloating

Barbara50

Re: need more energy new
      #326352 - 03/09/08 06:46 PM
Maria H.

Reged: 03/09/08
Loc: Virginia

If possible I suggest to try including a protein each meal. For breakfast if you like soy smoothies, you can add a dose of rice protein for delaying blood sugar spikes. One heaping tablespoon offers 12 grams of protein and this will carry your blood sugar longer till the next meal...therefore more energy. I hope this helps. My daughter has IBS and is very sensitive to all of the listed triggers but thankfully thru Heather's book and advice she has been able to get rid of the other culprit foods. Breakfast has been a challenge so adding rice protein to cereal or smoothies has worked.

--------------------
teenage daughter with IBS C&D, bloating

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 70 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2247

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review