All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Do your clothes bother you around your waist area?
      #68922 - 05/09/04 09:31 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

Mine do. I cannot wear anything tight or fitted around my waist, I have such an uncomfortable feeling there that I cannot explain. I know that when I am bloated it is worse, I wear my underwear at least 2 sizes too big for me. Please dont try to picture that , it is just not a pretty sight!!!! I dont know if this is a part of the IBS, or if it is some type of paranoid anxiety (wouldnt you know it).

Does any one else suffer with this? IT drives me nuts!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: You are definately not nuts... new
      #68925 - 05/09/04 09:50 PM
KinOz

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Brisbane, Australia

I have this problem too and I know many others will reply and say they do too.

It's really frustrating isn't it. I find the bloating is the hardest thing to get rid of and I always buy my clothes on the loose side now (and underwear). I allow room for expansion as on as bad day the expansion is huge!

In sympathy,
Kerrie

--------------------
What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Re: You are definately not nuts... new
      #68927 - 05/09/04 09:59 PM
gigi

Oh, thank you, thank you Kerrie! I felt like I was loosing it, when I have those days, I am better off at home wearing nothing but a t-shirt nightie. Most of the time that is what I am doing anyway. I know that those big granny panties are not sexy, or even nice looking, but I am more comfortable in them. I just hate for my husband to see me like that, it does not bother him one bit, it is me that it bothers. Thanks for the input, I saw your pics, they were great!! I enjoyed a short quick little vacation while I was looking at them.

Oh yeah, definitely! - nt new
      #68934 - 05/10/04 01:18 AM
Linz

Reged: 09/01/03
Loc: England

No tight jeans, please!!!! new
      #68946 - 05/10/04 06:31 AM
barbie

Reged: 04/22/04
Loc: Texas

Hi,

I have this problem, too. Loose underwear and pants with elastic bands. They have to be soft elastic bands and not stiff ones. Don't tell anyone, but, I have shopped for knit pants in the maternity department. I'm very petite so I could wear a lot of the new styles but I stick to my favorite and comfortable ones...rather feel good than look good....ha ha....and my husband doesn't complain either. I don't understand how other people can wear those tight jeans??? It's great to see someone else with this problem. Thanks for sharing.

--------------------

Re: Do your clothes bother you around your waist area? new
      #68950 - 05/10/04 06:49 AM
Lilybear

Reged: 04/05/04
Loc: east coast, usa

Hi Gigi,
Yes, my clothes do bother me around my waist area. Pre-Ibs, I used to wear form fitting clothes. Been since I have had it, I just feel more comfortable wearing loose fitting items like peasant tops and no tight jeans. You know, its not something I suffer from. I know I'm more sensitive in my stomach area, so I try to accomodate my lifestyle to it. Yesterday I went shopping, and this one lady told me to not look in this particular section for clothing. I just like loose fitting clothing better. It allows me to not worry too much. I'm sorry it concerns you, but you are not alone. I'm glad you posted this bcos I thought I was the only one bcos my family bugs me about not wearing tight fitting clothing. Have a good day!!:)

#68953 - 05/10/04 06:53 AM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

As the others have said, I also can't wear tight jeans anymore. It's so frustrating because I still look good in them but they just sit in my dresser because they're too uncomfortable. So you're definitely not alone!

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

#68977 - 05/10/04 08:06 AM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

I've ended up buying low-cut underwear and pants - I don't know how I wore jeans that actually sat at my waist years ago! (Actually, I do know - I just suffered. )

So long as the waistline is down near my hip bones, I feel good. I don't think I could even wear granny underwear or loose high-cut jeans, since any pressure around my waist is just too painful.

Hmmm - wonder whether IBS is the culprit behind my waist being a couple of (US) sizes larger than my hips?

--AC

Hey Barbie, I wanted to go to the Maternity section new
      #69067 - 05/10/04 12:49 PM
gigi

But, if I did , I am afraid I would look 3-4 months pregnant. I like those Maternity shorts that have the low cut waist band...it sure would be more comfy on those bloaty days. Thanks for answering, I feel so much better that I am not alone here.

------------

Dont tell the God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big your God is !!!

#69109 - 05/10/04 02:01 PM
JBI

Reged: 01/25/04
Loc: BC, Canada

I'm the same way. It's less of a factor with guys as most pants aren't that tight... thank goodness the tight men's pants from the 70's aren't popular as my skinny legs wouldn't look good!

But even still, I have to wear pants that have a slight larger waste then I really need or else they'll bother me. This way the case even before IBS.

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 593 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3151

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review