All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Hello lovely people- alkaline water?
      #367514 - 05/25/12 10:02 AM
maggles

Reged: 06/18/03

Hello- Hope you are all feeling loved and supported by life today, regardless of your punk tummy! I come and go on here, probably as my mild IBS-D comes and goes- low grade and very manageable weeks at at ime, then flares up to a worse level sometimes. This morning did not drive my son to school bc I had to go like 10X between 5 a.m. and 8 a.m., which is extremely unusual...never get up to go but did today. Could be a touch of a stomach bug as there was a child here playing this week w ho parents failed to tell me had been sick the night before , and I shared my water bottle w/ him too that day on a field trip. Not sure what some parents are thinking, or not thinking. But anyhow, this weeks bad flare up w/ no obvious trigger leaves me always a bit anxious- I can exacatly identify lack of sleep, hormones, high stress or spicy food, cruciferous food (too much garlic, broccoli etc) or fatty cheeses- which are my main triggers. I WAS feeling "extra stable" early in week and sprung for a "kale shake" as I adore veggies and had been wanting one for months! Maybe that set me off all these days- but it was weird cuz usually if I'm going to have a reaction something like that will go right through me and I'll be sick within hours...it's been a the days after. ANYHOW to the point of my post- I DID change over to high alkaline water a few weeks ago, for a variety of reasons. Could that be causing the increased diarrea of late? I'm confused as I thought I would feel worse and then lessenin side effects for the first sfew weeks. I did have a little looser stool at first, but it's goteen worse. I wonder if that's it?? It really upsets me when I can't figure out a "trigger," where timing of flare up, and stress level etc don't point to a trigger. Because then I feel helpless and scared it will just get worse and I can't control the symptoms... single mom w/ a ton of t herapy patients and A LOT rests on me. Learned a lot of tools here (grateful) and elsewhere and need to remember that I do have a good grip now, keep the faith. BEST TO ALL!!!! anY FEED BACK on alkaline water or my current flare up welcome!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Hello lovely people- alkaline water? new
      #367515 - 05/25/12 12:15 PM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

Kale is very high in insoluble fiber which could have been contributed to your IBS problem.

Alkaline water is one of the many Drinking Water Scams discussed in this document prepared by the University of Arizona Water Quality Program. Also, check out Alkaline water hoax - It is simple science. Alkaline water has no particular health benefits. It is always safe to drink pure water as it definitely doesn't produce IBS symptoms

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1207 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3970

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review