All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
IBS Remission?
      #340568 - 01/07/09 05:12 PM
Beef

Reged: 01/07/09

Is this something that can actually occur? I read an article that said IBS can go into remission. If this is true, what causes a persons body to go in and out of remission? I know that stress is a factor but I think that my stress levels have remained the same for the past 4 months and yet my IBS is now back. UGH!!!!!!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: IBS Remission? new
      #340569 - 01/07/09 05:14 PM
Mhillqt

Reged: 10/06/07

i was under incredible anxiety during the spring/summer last year and my ibs went into remission before then......now, over the holidays, its come back and its differant....im experiencing so much gas and discomfort/pain.......i tgruly wonder what is going on with my colon.....

#340571 - 01/07/09 05:20 PM
Beef

Reged: 01/07/09

Have you going to a gastroenterologist (sp?)? I had my colon checked via a colonoscopy to make sure that I had IBS and not Crohn's. The colonoscopy came out good and it since there was not sign of Crohn's it was determined that I had IBS. I was still glad to have gotten it done to make sure that nothing else was going on in my colon (that I wasn't aware of). My mom has Crohn's so there was the possibility. And IBS is genetic along with stress and being overweight...my 3 problems.

#340580 - 01/07/09 07:48 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

My Ibs is stress related but it shows up a few months after I think evrything is fine.Always has come out in my body . At 13 my parents divorced and six months later I broke out in a rash.For six more months!!!
Ibs can be managed and yes can go into"remission".Have you thought about the Hypno program?It really helped me and has helped alot of others.

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

#340584 - 01/08/09 07:04 AM

Unregistered

I'm 31 and have IBS since I was 18 - my IBS goes into "remission" every few years....I'll be sick for almost a year and then ok for a few years...and on and on.....

#340657 - 01/10/09 04:22 AM
Hunca

Reged: 02/09/08

Stress stress stress is my big trigger. If life is calm, so is my IBS. I totally believe in remission, but even then, the stress will get my gut churning again.

Another thing that triggers me is That Time of the Month. I'm going thru menopause, but my body is still trying, in various ways, to go thru the process of the Monthly. And when that happens, my IBS flares for a few days.

Those are my two big problem-triggers.

best of luck
** cheryl **
IBS-C

#340658 - 01/10/09 07:17 AM
steffiejoy

Reged: 11/26/07
Loc: Cleveland, Ohio

How do you know that you are in remission with IBS if you never stray from the "safe foods"? For me I just never- really truely never eat trigger foods. So does going into remission mean that you can now eat some trigger foods without getting an attack? I just think I am too scared to find out.

Stefanie

#340668 - 01/10/09 02:10 PM
elfdream

Reged: 09/07/08
Loc: Shenandoah Valley VA

I will go into remission for years and for whatever reason it will show up again!

The thing is I didn't know I had IBS before. I just thought I was having digestive upsets and really didn't change my eating habits. I had done Weight Watchers and a lot of the things I learned there stuck with me. Through the years I learned not to eat a lot of the trigger foods like red meat or high fat stuff. I didn't know until I came here that there was a connection. I was accidentally treating myself!

For some reason it came back about four months ago and I had to give up chocolate and cheese which I really don't need (and I found I can get a chocolate fix through Luna Bars) and learn how to eat things in a certain order (soluble fiber first etc) ...this time I'm a lot wiser!

--------------------
IBS D/C /Fibromyalgia

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 214 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8885

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review