All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Loud stomach growling and diarrhea
      #339377 - 12/15/08 08:31 AM
LMo

Reged: 11/06/07
Loc: Los Angeles, California

Last night I suffered about 6 bouts in the bathroom with diarrhea, loud stomach growling, and the shakes (is this a normal IBS reaction--shivering and shaking?). I was hoping when I woke up this morning, it would be over with, but i'm feeling queasy and my stomach is moaning louder than ever. I'm afraid to eat for fear that i'll get the diarrhea all over again. Yesterday I was running on adrenaline all day and ate very little. Friday night I had a beer, which probably didn't help matters. Saturday all I ate was toast with a little pb, maybe four or five butternut squash ravioli with a little butter (also probably didn't help), and bread with a little feta cheese spread (I know, I know, what was I thinking). I've been stable for at least a year with occasional flare ups. But never with the loud growling. I'm thinking a water and cracker diet today to get things under control. Does anyone have any other recommendations? I'm also beginning to wonder if the shakes is a typical ibs reaction because it almost always accompanies my diarrhea and i'm concerned it could be something else...does anyone else have this?
(i'm also on my period which makes me sensitive to flare-ups and it seems to have completely stopped after only 3 days because of the distress)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Loud stomach growling and diarrhea new
      #339379 - 12/15/08 08:59 AM
Kappy

Reged: 10/09/08
Loc: Mississippi

I'm so sorry for your misfortune. I know that my stomach growls when I get flare ups. It's usually the spasms in my colon. I do get the shakes sometimes when my body finally decides to have a bm. The shakes could be coming from dehydration from all the diarrhea you have been experiencing. Try drinking alot of fluids to help replenish your nutrients. You probably haven't had enough good stuff in your system to keep your body going. Try some veggie broth or some apple juice to restore nutrients. Maybe that will help with the shakes! Also, plenty of water! HTH

--------------------
IBS-C, Gas, Bloating, HURTING!

I'm married and it's so wonderful!

Re: Loud stomach growling and diarrhea new
      #339385 - 12/15/08 09:37 AM
ericai

Reged: 11/09/08
Loc: Nassau County, NY

I definitely get shakey. The worse the D, the worse the shakes. With mild D (loose stools) I experience the shakes on a lesser scale. I attribute it to IBS or at least with the symptom of D.

--------------------
Erica
IBS-D

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 2573 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1757

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review