All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
burping up vitamins and capules,feel stuck-help
      #329896 - 05/17/08 11:05 AM

Unregistered

Ive been taking juice plus orchard and garden blend,heathers pepermint capules. I drink with enough water with the vitamins but i burp up the taste,its so disgusting and the peppermint burns.Sometimes i don't burp the peppermint up for hours later..whats going on? The vitamins sometimes feel like stuck in my throat but how can they be when i drank a cup of water? I notice when i eat jennio turkey bacon it feels uncomfortable to eat it. It feels like when the vitamins feel stuck.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

please help new
      #330350 - 05/29/08 01:15 PM

Unregistered

i guess no one else has this problem?

Re: burping up vitamins and capules,feel stuck-help new
      #330351 - 05/29/08 01:32 PM
dragonfly

Reged: 05/12/08
Loc: canada

You might also have acid reflux and peppermint is not good for that. Peppermint relaxes the muscles of your stomach and the sphixter(sp?)of you r esophogus causing your stomach contents to go back up your throat.

Instead of capsules you could try peppermint tea but you might still have this problem

--------------------
IBS-D since 1999...mostly stable..i do cheat too.Bad me.

Re: burping up vitamins and capules,feel stuck-help new
      #330360 - 05/29/08 04:26 PM
MustLoveHorses

Reged: 04/18/06

I have GERD and IBS-C and I have problems with vitamins too. I cannot tolerate Vit C at all in fact unless it's natural (ie fruits and veggies!!).

The only time of day I can do vitamins is late afternoon and evening after my system has had time to gather enough buffer (read: foods) to cushion the harshness of breaking down vitamins and supplements. I usually will take vits and supps after 4 pm and usually with a filling snack and just enough water to drink down the pills. Then I make sure I keep sipping at water for the next hour or so to keep it circulating through my tummy as the pills breakdown. If I guzzle water with the pills I 'overflow' and feel the pills coming back up and ones like Zinc or C burn my throat and sometimes come back up into my mouth. It's nasty. The worst is fish caps though. I can ONLY take those after dinner on a full tummy and only sips of water.

Vit C gives me horrible heartburn, crazy bloat like a balloon and baaad gas. So I never take C pills of any kind. You might have issues with certain vits/supps too, but I would try taking them in doses (split them up instead of taking a handful at a time if you take lots of vits and supps), and only take after a relatively large meal. And I don't mean a big ole turkey dinner, cause that's no good for anybody but big meals are hell on IBSers and GERDers for sure. But a 'big' meal by your own standards whether that be your midday meal or your evening.

Hope it helps!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1443 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1703

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review