All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Those with desk jobs
      #328581 - 04/21/08 09:01 AM
Wendy1234

Reged: 02/06/08

Do you find that your stomach hurts at work. I love my job and it has minimal stress. But I find I cramp more, bloated more and just feel bad all around while I'm at work. When I am home on the weekends and when I walk in the afternoons, my tummy feels much better. I wonder if it's from having not much movement during the day. Just curious if anyone else notices this. thanks!

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Those with desk jobs new
      #328584 - 04/21/08 09:05 AM
Jordy

Reged: 08/12/06

Oh yeah! I try to get up and move, but it's hard when your desk is right next to the boss' office.

Do you try to get in a walk before or after work? I did much better when I was at a job where I stood up more and was active. My tummy liked not being scrunched up at a computer for over 8 hours! I don't know what to do.

--------------------
IBS-C with pain and bloat

#328594 - 04/21/08 12:03 PM

Unregistered

I do find that I get more bloated and gassy at work and you're right, it's probably because we're sitting more. Try and take a walk during your lunch if possible, that helps me!

#328596 - 04/21/08 12:52 PM
Laurastr1

Reged: 12/24/07
Loc: Chicago

I actually feel better in general when I'm not home because I a lot more careful with my eating. It's when I'm home that I'm sometimes a little reckless.

--------------------
Laura
DX IBS 12/07
Following IBS Diet with Weight Watchers
Also GERD
Former cast iron stomach

#328622 - 04/21/08 05:35 PM
CarolynC

Reged: 03/11/08
Loc: Connecticut

I sure do! I am at the computer all day (web designer) and when I sit for long periods I notice my IBS feels worse. (IC too) Especially if I eat at my desk, which I often do. Getting up and moving from time to time helps a whole lot.

--------------------
IBS-C with bloating and cramps
occasional type A

#329661 - 05/12/08 11:29 AM
wendy16

Reged: 12/18/07
Loc: Hatboro, Pennsylvania

Yes, absolutely! When I was teaching and standing up all day active, I hardly had any problems. My last two jobs, which have been desk jobs are most times unbearable. NOt only does my tummy not like to be scrunched all day, I feel like I have more time to think about it while sitting at the computer. As soon as I stand up and take a walk, I feel much better!

--------------------
IBS-C. Hoping to be stable for Italy trip in April and trying to have a baby!

Big time! new
      #329671 - 05/12/08 05:04 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

The job I have now is the first close to desk job I have ever taken. I sit more than I was given the impression I would. So this winter was so bad that I switched my Thursday sitting all day task with someone who has a walking around task. I can sit all morning but after lunch I blow up like a balloon if I have to hold in gas. Desk jobs are murder to those with bloating!

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1311 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3355

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review