All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Gas-x makes you fart
      #315717 - 09/28/07 06:54 PM
TATYANA

Reged: 07/22/07
Loc: Washington, Seattle

I couldn't understand why I take gas-x when I get gassy and it doesn't stop after I take it, I fart even more. And then I read something on the internet that says: "Gas-X Extra Strength is an antiflatulent. It works by helping the formation of larger gas bubbles, which frees gas and makes it easier to eliminate by belching or passing rectally." So that means that when you take gas-x, it will be easier for you to fart. Then the question is, is there anything we can eat or take that will prevent gas?

Yes! High volatile oil Fennel Tummy Tea will prevent AND relieve gas and bloating.

--------------------
IBS-C since 2006. No signs of IBS now, it's been 4 yrs. Only dairy allergy now.

Edited by Heather (09/10/13 02:58 PM)

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Gas-x makes you fart new
      #315727 - 09/29/07 05:06 AM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

if you find something PLEASE let me know! it is my main problem.. i do get D and once in a blue moon C.. but gas is with me every day.. there has to be something to help!!!

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#315749 - 09/29/07 06:23 PM
meimei

Reged: 12/02/06
Loc: Chicago

Hello,

I find that when I cut down on sugar (all forms) my gas is dramatically reduced. When I use stevia in my tea and eliminate other sugar foods (fruit, candy, sweet cereals, etc) then I have a flat stomach! I have recently increased my protein foods by having more lean chicken and turkey, and that also has helped. I use Gas-X too, but I don't know if it helps.
MeiMei

#315751 - 09/29/07 08:27 PM
line415

Reged: 09/09/06
Loc: New Jersey

Yes, Gas-X does the same to me too. I guess that's the ida. It always feels like it is taking all the "little gas bubbles" in my belly, combining them into "big bubbles"...and then releasing them through the bottom! It's not pleasant but it always makes me feel much better once they are out. Try fennel seed capsules and gas-stop by renewlife as preventative. They help but nothing seems to work wonders. Feel better.

--------------------
Originally IBS-D for a million years!
Then IBS-A, Now a transformed slightly C

#315945 - 10/02/07 05:13 AM
Pud

Reged: 06/20/07
Loc: Long Island

maybe cutting down on the sweets would help me too. can you give me a sample of what you eat for a day?

--------------------
Pud
Long Island
IBS-D & SIBO - main symptom GAS

#315961 - 10/02/07 11:20 AM
TATYANA

Oatmeal with soy yogurt, peppermint tea, rice with veggies (peeled and seeded), bread, lean chicken and grilled fish, ginger tea

--------------------

Gas Preventative new
      #315962 - 10/02/07 11:30 AM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

I recently started on Questran which had horrible gas and bloating side effects. I discovered after several horrible days, that if I took the Gas Stop or drank the fennel tea before or at the same time, it would prevent most of the gas from even forming. It helps you get rid of it if it's already in your system. However, definitely try Gas Stop and the fennel tea if you haven't already.

Re: Gas Preventative new
      #315971 - 10/02/07 01:35 PM
TATYANA

Thanks. I looked up Gas Stop and noticed that it has several of the same ingredients as Beano that I'm allergic to. I am broken out in rash right now from Beano.

--------------------

Some tips that helped me new
      #315972 - 10/02/07 01:36 PM
Celia

Reged: 05/11/07

An article I read recently related to snacking and ibs. It said that snacking is contrary to what humans are meant to do and that the cleansing action of the gut works properly only when the stomach is empty. The article specified no more than three meals a day and nothing but water in between.

I have mostly eliminated snacking for a few months and it has REALLY helped with gas and bloating. When I cheat the symptom returns immediately. Yesterday, for instance, I had some soy yogurt a couple hours after lunch. That gave me gas for the entire evening.

Another tip: a naturopath told me once that taking liquids with meals dilutes digestive enzymes and promotes poor digestion. He tells ALL his patients to take no liquids for ten minutes before or two hours after a meal. This is a difficult one to follow. I don't apply it strictly, but I do avoid large quantities of liquid before, during or in the hour immediately following a meal. It seems to help also. (Ideally I take Heather's fiber in water ten minutes before each meal. Teas and water I take upon rising or between meals, meaning two hours after a meal.)

It's imperative to eliminate ALL trigger foods. For me that means eliminating dairy, wheat and corn and limiting soy. Soy I can eat in small quantities with a meal with no problem.

--------------------
Celia

Re: Gas Preventative new
      #315975 - 10/02/07 01:53 PM
IBSHell

Reged: 05/09/07
Loc: Connecticut

That really sucks big time. Have you tried the fennel tea? I hate tea and never drank it before. But I tolerate the fennel tea (with honey) to avoid the alternative.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 749 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 13931

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review