All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
After CT Scan Diarrhea HELP!!!
      #299112 - 02/06/07 12:08 PM
LtDanFan

Reged: 12/17/03
Loc: Ohio

Help, I had my CT scan this morning and it's 3 p.m. est and I'm still having diarrhea from it, is it safe to take imodium or should I just get all the stuff out. I didn't have the barium, it was the clear stuff that is really bitter.....yuck....any suggestions

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia
DX: w/ Multiple Sclerosis 3/10
I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me. Phil 4:13

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: After CT Scan Diarrhea HELP!!! new
      #299128 - 02/06/07 01:48 PM
DANA328

Reged: 02/05/07
Loc: FLORIDA

SORRY I DO NOT HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS. BUT FROM MY ON EXPERIENCE, EVERY TEST THAT I HAD DONE, SET ME BACK FOR ABOUT TWO DAYS; CT SCANS X2, ENDOSCOPY, COLONOSCOPY, HIDA SCAN FOR GALLBLADDER. FINALLY AFTER HAVING MY GALLBLADDER REMOVED I HAD A DREAM OF BEING COMPLETELY HEALED. BUT IBS-D HAS REALLY MADE MY LIFE VERY STRESSFUL. I HOPE AND PRAY THAT YOU WILL FEEL BETTER BY TOMORROW. KEEP WRITING BECAUSE THIS SITE IS MY MEANS OF SURVIVAL. GOD BEING #1
DANA

#299133 - 02/06/07 02:25 PM
LtDanFan

Thanks Dana, I'm so glad there are believers on this site also!! Thanks for the tip, I just caved in and took a imodium, I just hate doing that because even though I"m D, when I have D for 8 straight hours and take an Imodium, I usually eat lightly the next few days and it takes me a few day to have a BM again. I'm also glad you posted, I was about ready to post my own reply

--------------------
IBS-D, extreme pain and cramping - GERD - lactose/dairy intolerant, OCD, Fibromyalgia

#299141 - 02/06/07 03:34 PM
shannonm

Reged: 01/27/07
Loc: maryland

LtDanFan, I've been reading your posts and I pray for you everyday, I hope you'll be feeling better soon. I've had the same kinda problems with docs in the past, if they traded places with anyone of us for a week, they'd be alot more understanding. I have the same problem with Imodium, I'd take it then stress about not having a bm and cause a d. attack. I was stable till acouple of days, so I know what your going through. Hang in there.
Shannonm

--------------------
IBS-A

#299142 - 02/06/07 03:40 PM
LtDanFan

Thanks, I try not to discriminate my prayers, buy people with IBS need lots of them!!! It's going on almost 7 hours now and I'm still peeing my BM's. The one plus is that I have no cramping, I know it's from the contrast. I ate some fat free safe broth with rice and some safe toast, it was sooo good. I'm hoping I'm not back in the bathroom again since I took the imodium and ate.....My bum is getting sore!! I know it's so hard not to have stress when you eat, live and breath IBS. We worry about what to eat, what not to eat, is this bread safe, is that cracker safe, did I buy the right rice....etc. how will our nerves ever be okay when we constantly worry about eating and having normal BM"S. It's a sad ailment!!

--------------------

#299147 - 02/06/07 04:40 PM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Can I ask what the CT scan was for? I had to drink the barium for mine several years ago from possible food poisoning. They had to stop the test 3 times before it completed. I had to go D while on the table. Try just toast or rice crackers, rice krispies plain. Maybe you shouldnt have liquid at every meal unless dehydration may be a factor. I dont know how often you are going. I had a set back the last couple of days after being stable for almost 2 months. I am peeing BMs as well but not too often. Sometimes with cramps and sometimes cramps and hard stools. I cant figure it out. I just know it really sucks. Pray for us all.

#299151 - 02/06/07 05:04 PM
LtDanFan

I had the CT scan because I have developed a nauseating, quite intense at times, but always there, pain 6 weeks after my hysterectomy. It is in my lower lower quad area, not my colon nor my ovary area. It started after a horrendous IBS attack two weeks ago. I know my typical colon pain, and this is not it. It very hard to describe, but since this pain, I have had a tremendous loss of appetite, and have lost a lot of weight. My new GI doctor wanted to check for adhesions, or anything else that can explain this unGodly pain. It's almost like a very agressive pinching pain, and when it is severe it's very painful. I cannot drink barium because I have GERD and I vomit it because it's too thick, so they have an alternative contrast you can drink the day of the CT scan. You have to drink 32 ounces 1 hour before the scan. I am averaging going at least every half hour, lots of stomach rumbling and when I have to go I have to go....I just can't believe it's been now 13 hours and I'm still going.....I tried the rice and pretzels because I'm getting really hungry, but now I'm just going to have some peppermint tea, which does not bother my GErd, take a Levsin, for my IBS, something to sleep and try to go to sleep in hopes I won't crap (sorry) anymore. My bottom can't take it anymore. Prayers for everyone!!

--------------------

Re: LtDanFan How are you today? new
      #299307 - 02/08/07 05:47 AM
Joannelcoq

Reged: 10/16/06
Loc: Long Island, NY

Are you going normal yet?

Edited by Joannelcoq (02/08/07 06:33 AM)

Re: LtDanFan How are you today? new
      #299317 - 02/08/07 07:48 AM
cejay

Reged: 08/27/06

Yes, please let us know how you are feeling? I have not checked onto the boards in a couple of days since I have been sick and ended up throwing up horrendously. I eventually had bad D, even had one of the few accidents I have ever had (and then the boss can't understand why I really needed to go home). But you are in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you feel better

Better, but still squirting... new
      #299344 - 02/08/07 12:30 PM
LtDanFan

After going to sleep Tuesday night, I still had water D Wednesday and this morning a little bit....but I'm eating, rice, white turkey breast, safe bread, oatmeal....I'm just being patient. Thanks for asking!!

--------------------

Re: LtDanFan How are you today?Cejay new
      #299345 - 02/08/07 12:32 PM
LtDanFan

How are you doing? Sounds like you may have eaten something bad? I'm getting there, slow but sure, I just didn't remember the contrast doing that to me this bad....Hope you're feeling better soon!!

--------------------

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1110 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5148

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review