All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
candy
      #298564 - 01/31/07 10:28 AM
Susangk

Reged: 01/31/07

Just wondering if there is any candy that is IBS safe?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: candy new
      #298569 - 01/31/07 11:39 AM
Syl

Reged: 03/13/05
Loc: SK, CANADA

All candies made from sugar or glucose that don't contain other problematic ingredients such as large amount of oils/fats, preservatives and fructose (HFCS) should be okay.

--------------------
STABLE: ♂, IBS-D 50+ years - Science of IBS

The FODMAP Approach to Managing IBS Symptoms
Evidence-based Dietary Management of Functional GI Symptoms: The FODMAP Approach
FODMAP Chart & Cheatsheet
The Role of Food & Dietary Intervention in IBS

I was wondering the same thing new
      #298570 - 01/31/07 11:40 AM
oldestofseven

Reged: 12/30/06
Loc: tiny almost unheard of town in the middle of Va

I love valentine's day candy hearts, there isn't any fat in them, just artificial flavors and colors, so I was wondering if they were safe or not. Also Whoppers. I LOVE chocolate lol, and I was thinking maybe since there wasn't much chocolate in whoppers then maybe they were safe, but I really don't know what to look for in the ingredients besides milk products.

--------------------
Adrianna, IBS-D, stable since May 2007, living life to the fullest because of it!

#298609 - 01/31/07 05:01 PM
Little Minnie

Reged: 04/16/04
Loc: Minnesota

Gummy candy, licorice, tootsie rolls, junior mints, sweetarts, skittles- these can all be tolerated in moderation for most.

--------------------
IBS-A for 20 years with terrible bloating and gas. On the diet since April 2004. Remember this from Heather's information pages:
"You absolutely must eat insoluble fiber foods, and as much as safely possible, but within the IBS dietary guidelines. Treat insoluble fiber foods with suitable caution, and you'll be able to enjoy a wide variety of them, in very healthy quantities, without problem." Please eat IF foods!

#298660 - 02/01/07 11:13 AM
Julie E

Reged: 06/12/06

I eat peppermint candy canes (I like the miniature ones, but the larger ones are fine, too). I don't eat the fruity ones, because I don't know if they have fructose or not. I also like cotton candy (I buy it at Chuck E Cheese) and Valentine's conversation hearts. However, when I have eaten a whole bag of cotton candy or a whole box of conversation hearts in one sitting, I didn't feel so great afterwards. Everything in moderation... even if you do have a killer sweet tooth like mine!

I also like to munch on a handful of Kraft mini marshmallows or toast them on graham crackers for a yummy sweet treat.

I believe Whoppers have milk in them, so I don't eat those.

#300321 - 02/20/07 04:16 PM
m_odonnell

Reged: 05/14/05
Loc: Phoenix, AZ

How about Starburst? I don't see anything bad in them...ingredients are corn syrup, palm kernal oil, apple juice from concentrate, less than 2% - citric acid, dextrin (not dextrose), gelatin, food starch-modified, artificial and natural flavors, ascorbic acid, and various colors.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 1130 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 10072

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review