All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Flushing / Hot flashes with IBS-C?
      #273952 - 07/13/06 10:35 PM
Memmles

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA, USA

Does anyone experience a feeling of facial "flushing" or warmth (mild to moderate) or overall hot flashes with IBS-C? How 'bout achy and totally low-energy?

It's not a PMS thing - not that time anymore. I'm 27, so no menopause or peri-menopause. This has been happening off and on for a while. I can be sitting in an air-conditioned building and feel like my face is warm. No fever ever. Was sitting here right now and all of a sudden, I got very warm and sweaty.

Does this go along with the inability to remove toxins from your system 'cause it's all stuck up in you with C?!

Again - no fever. The last bloodwork I had all came out normal...but is it worth getting checked out again??

Granted, today was warm for the SF Bay Area & our house is warm. But it's cool at night and I wasn't feeling sweaty before...

This is weird. Opinions/experiences? I know it could just be another bizarre quirk my lovely body has, but wanted to see others' takes.

~ E.

--------------------
East Palo Alto, CA (San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

IBS-C, pain, nausea

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Flushing / Hot flashes with IBS-C? new
      #273965 - 07/13/06 11:35 PM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I get hot flashes from time to time. Sometimes when I have attacks, but not usually. I'm a D, 26 years old, female. Mine usually pass pretty quickly. I don't get the aches and low energy probs though. Not unless my thyroid gets out of whack, anyway.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#273967 - 07/14/06 12:32 AM
Memmles

Reged: 04/07/06
Loc: Silicon Valley, CA, USA

Hmm...can your thyroid get out of whack without permanent problems? Like, can it get screwy temporarily?

Just curious... I've had the bloodwork for thyroid disorder, and it came back o.k. That's why I'm wondering if it can be out of whack without a long-term disorder.

~ E.

--------------------
East Palo Alto, CA (San Francisco Bay Area/Silicon Valley)

IBS-C, pain, nausea

#273989 - 07/14/06 07:14 AM
Dajara

Reged: 12/01/05
Loc: Medicine Hat. AB. CAN

I'm and IBS D and I get nasty hot flushes sometimes to the point where it makes me start throwing up..

#274012 - 07/14/06 10:10 AM
hohoyumyum

Reged: 05/28/03
Loc: SacTown, CA

I'm not sure. But thyroid porblems can cause all kinds of other things to go nutty. There are 2 blood tests done for thyroid. TSH and another one I can't think of. They shoul dboth be done. I've heard that hypo/hyperthyroidism can correct itself over time but I've never heard of it coming and going, especially short term. Still, it couldn't hurt to talk to your doctor if you are concerned.

--------------------
If you're not dead, you've still got time.

#274319 - 07/17/06 06:58 AM
lorien

Reged: 05/15/06
Loc: Wales, U.K

I'm a definate C and I have hot and clammy sweats when I need to have a BM, my bowel is irritated, or my bowel is active in some way! Having a BM generally stops my sweating.

I'm also permanantly hypothyroid and flushes and sweating can go with this condition. By the way ~ blood tests may come out normal ~ but this doesn't necessarily mean the thyroid is balanced! Just to complicate things even further!

In the UK the blood test ranges are generally set to show the very definately NOT normal bands. One can be out of kilter and it won't show on a blood test, because the ranges are so narrow.

Best to ask the doc for the actual results and the normal ranges of that lab ~ then see where you lie alongside.

Hope this is useful,

Joanna

#274468 - 07/17/06 11:15 PM
Digby

Reged: 07/31/04

I was getting hot flushes when I was coming off of an anti-anxiety drug. It appeared to be part of the withdrawal. Are you on any medication that could be causing it?

#275337 - 07/23/06 02:56 PM
caroll56

Reged: 04/01/06

An endocrinologist (one who specializes in the endocrine system)your hormonal system. They will be able to answer your thyroid question. I have felt flushing with IBS D and the C, and my thyroid was checked and re-checked many times. I have always felt achy with IBS symptoms.

#275457 - 07/24/06 02:11 PM
sdahl71

Reged: 07/23/06
Loc: Colorado, USA

I have defenitely experienced this symptom. Everytime the D cramps begin. It does not stop until everything is gone, can take anywhere from 20 mins. to and hour. I feel for you, but mine do go away with relief.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 192 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3273

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review