All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)
..Sex question
      #266820 - 05/31/06 07:21 PM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

I have a question about oral sex. If someone with IBS-C performs oral sex on their partner (male) and happens to swallow the semen, can this possibly cause an attack? Or bloating or something?

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: ..Look Alli new
      #266823 - 05/31/06 07:52 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

This is an offensive post. If this is the best question you can come up with about bloating, you are sick. This board is not about sexual exploits.

I have seen people kicked off the boards for posting less offensive content than this.

Do us all a favor and move on, if you can't clean it up and apologize.

#266824 - 05/31/06 07:54 PM
gigi

Reged: 03/21/04
Loc: South Texas

In case you are not aware, we have some underage IBS'rs here and your comments are not appropriate.

We try to help the young ones too.

Re: ..Look Alli *DELETED* new
      #266828 - 05/31/06 08:18 PM
Jeano

Reged: 03/20/04
Loc: USA

Post deleted by Shelby J

#266848 - 05/31/06 09:51 PM
Gracie

Reged: 11/25/05

In Alli's defense, there have been other sex questions on this board and O.S. is part of a healthly, mature relationship even between husband and wife, so I don't think an apology is needed.
*Edit
For example I remember one where someone asked if others got pain or attacks during and/or after sexual intercourse. People suggested different positions, and other advice.

Edited by Gracie (05/31/06 10:04 PM)

Re: ..Sex question new
      #266850 - 05/31/06 10:00 PM
Shell Marr

Reged: 08/04/03
Loc: Seattle, WA USA

I will notify Heather of this post and she can do what she feels is right for the boards. However Alli has posted some great stuff over the last year and has tried to get educated and has tried to help others.... so I hope she does not leave over this.

Alli I don't have an answer to your question either...sorry.

--------------------
www.facebook.com/shell.marr

www.myspace.com/shellmarr

Considering we do have teens and pre-teens here... new
      #266883 - 06/01/06 06:10 AM
nomorepooch

Reged: 04/18/06

I do think that posts like this are not necessary. Determining if it is ones personal trigger by "trial by error" would be a more tasteful way to handle this...no pun intended...seriously.

--------------------
Have a blessed day! Rachel
Formerly poochibelly...
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#266884 - 06/01/06 06:12 AM
Sassi0619

Reged: 01/06/06
Loc: Vermont

Although this is a very sensitive topic I feel that if you can't ask people here, who can you ask....

Some people are more comfortable broaching these topics than others, but that does not mean they are sick. OS is not an uncommon act and is a natural part of a relationship.

Alli, I think this is a valid question and I am sorry for the strong reaction you have recieved. It is very difficult to ask such a sensitive question in the first place and then to be chastised for it in return.

I would think that perhaps it could have an adverse effect if you have a fructose intolerance. I just did a search on the web and it seems that semen is very high in fructose (400%).

HTH!

#266892 - 06/01/06 06:55 AM
Kim2884

Reged: 09/10/05
Loc: CT, USA

Although there is fructose in semen, only about 5ml of is ejaculated, so I don't think there would be enough of anything to make you sick. I wouldn't worry about it at all...nor would I worry about the people who are chiding you for asking a simple question about a normal part of life.

If we can talk about sexual intercourse on this board, there is no reason that oral sex should be considered off-limits. There are some teenagers on this board, sure, but I'm sure they all know what oral sex is. Asking a question like this isn't going to influence the decisions they make in their own lives.

--------------------
Kim

Re: Wow ...Okay... new
      #266932 - 06/01/06 09:39 AM
Alli

Reged: 04/23/05

This is something I did not expect, because I have often read posts about sex, and I thought I could depend on everyone here to help me understand the link between sex and ibs. I just wanted to ask this question is particular because I thought there might be some previous experiences with this, and also, swallowing tends to give me a sore throat, so I wondered what semen actually contained, and since it is digested like food, I wondered if it could harm us like food.
First of all, sex is something that is a very open and discussed topic. I understand if people are offended, but I also refuse to apologize.
Second of all, I once read posts far more 'offensive' then this about sex. And also I labeled this post as a 'sex question' ..I did not hide the contents of this post in any way, so if any of you were offended by this, I recommend that you please not enter any posts that are so clearly labeled.
Also, I would like to add that your chastising did not offend me or make me feel ashamed in any way, as I am the type of individual who can speak about absolutely anything without feeling an ounce of shame or regret.
Thank you for those who answered me. I tried to do some research on this and I couldn't really find enough information about it. But I have learned that some people have allergies to semen. But I'm not entirely sure if it would upset anyone with IBS.

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 880 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 39610

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review