All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Nausea and burping...can anyone relate?
      #234111 - 12/28/05 12:46 PM
AmberBoBamber

Reged: 12/05/05
Loc: California

When I'm feeling bad due to my IBS, I often feel nauseas. I hear a lot of ppl with IBS will feel nauseas from the pain (abdominal usually), but not me. I just feel plain nauseas. Anyone else like this? It worries me in the sense that a lot of things I read say that's not a sign of IBS! But I often feel like that when my stomach is messed up.

Also, I seem to burp a lot when I'm at my worst. I feel pressure/gas/bloating right below my rib cage and then I get these deep burps. They provide some immediate relief, but then it's like the pressure comes back. It doesn't hurt, just uncomfortable.

Anyone else relate to this?

Thanks for any responses!!

Amber

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Nausea and burping...can anyone relate? new
      #234118 - 12/28/05 01:27 PM
AstroChick

Reged: 12/30/03
Loc: Chicago, IL, USA

Nausea has been a fairly frequent aspect of my IBS. I spent at least a year of high school feeling nauseous every morning (and not telling anyone since people would go "oooh, morning sickness"). Your guts can churn and make you feel crappy without it causing pain.

There have been loads of posts here about nausea and how to combat it. Eating lots of small SF meals helps, as does herbal tea. Ginger, in particular, does wonders for nausea: you can have ginger tea or ginger candies or gingerbread or candied ginger or..... I also find that peppermint tea settles my stomach, but it's somewhat less of a universal cure than ginger is.

Do a search and find everyone's tips!

--AC

#234120 - 12/28/05 01:36 PM
junevarn

Reged: 12/14/04

Hi Amber,

I felt the same way. I didn't have nausea from the pain, I was just nauseated period! I too was worried, even my GI doctor doesn't know this, but it seems a lot of people have nausea. I get nauseated while I am having a flareup. I also burp a lot and have a lot of gas.

It just make sense to me that if one part of the GI system is upset, the upper pasrt could be upset as well. My doctor has sceduled an endoscopy for me just in case. I want to know if anything is abnormal cause I'm close to 50. I also have one of the genes for Celiac disease, so I was to see if there is damage, even though I've been gluten free for over a year.

Take care,
June

#234125 - 12/28/05 02:09 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I have been like this all day, today, since 11:30!! I had a really big extremely normal BM at 9:00 and felt perfectly fine. I thought it was going to be a really good day!!

However, after the very normal BM, I felt good and thought it would be safe to go ahead and eat breakfast....well, I attempted to eat breakfast and it's like my system just seized up. It's like it forgets to continue moving the stuff through once I have a BM. I don't know what it is.....I have ALOT of nausea and burping and gas...And until I get that gas out, I'm nauseated and burping and feel horrible. After it comes out, I'm okay. Today, I have been on the couch all day nauseated because I cannot seem to get the gas out. It's TRAPPED!!

The doctor's don't know why I'm so nauseated. I do have a hiatal hernia and that's what causes the upper abdominal pressure and pain. It feels like my stomach is in my chest, because IT REALLY IS!!! Literally!

Hope you get to feeling better soon!!

Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#234154 - 12/28/05 04:16 PM
hawkeye

Reged: 06/16/03
Loc: NYC

Ugh, i've got those symptoms right now! It's become a prominent symptom for me unfortunately, it never was until a few years ago and I've been dealing with ibs for 20 plus years. I eat ginger in ever form! It helps, and is the only spicy thing I'll eat. Dan

--------------------
Ladies & gentlemen take my advice, pull down your pants and slide on the ice.

#234156 - 12/28/05 04:34 PM
daliatree

Reged: 07/10/04
Loc: Manhattan, New York

oh my Lord, this is the FIRST symptom I had of IBS 11 years ago and hasn't ever gone away as a predominant symptom. I can even list about 5 different types of Nausea - related to C, D, gas etc...

--------------------
Feel the fear and do it anyway!

#234159 - 12/28/05 05:03 PM
Kree

Reged: 10/08/03
Loc: Northern NY

I swear IBS and stomach problems are related. Everyone I know who suffers from one also has the other.

--------------------
"Anyone can exercise, but this kind of lethargy takes real discipline." -Garfield

Nausea and burping were the norm for me.... new
      #234162 - 12/28/05 05:09 PM
poochibelly

Reged: 04/27/05

when my IBS first got really bad. Mine is more stress induced that food related. As you learn to eat defensively, the burping and nausea will subside...that has been my experience.

I am having an attack right now and my stomach is like one huge knot. I don't burp much any more.

--------------------
Have a blessed day!...Rachel
stable and sooooooo thankful!
I have IBS but it doesn't have me!

#234181 - 12/28/05 07:52 PM
Wind

Reged: 04/02/05

Nausea--definitely! And so many varieties of nausea! Honestly, if I SMELL ANYTHING, I feel it in my gut. Chemical smells are the worst. Make-up & deodorant & hairspray smells just make me sick. I nearly throw up after brushing my teeth somedays. Everyday feels like taking an airplane ride, seasickness...motion sickness.

Burping? Actually, I usually get the hiccups! They are so difficult to chase, too! How fast do you eat? How much do you eat? Take your time, maybe. Sounds like you might be swallowing alot of air.

Kate.

#234239 - 12/29/05 07:23 AM
Kiwii

Reged: 09/27/05

Yeah nasea is definatly one of my syptoms. My GI can't explain why. I had an endoscopy, & all is well, except for some acid. I suck on peppermint candies for it. They help me. I also burp alot, & have chronic gas lately, thinking about taking a digestive enzyme. Somethings got to help, this is nuts, when I pass gas it smells like something died. LOL!!

--------------------
Kiwi
IBS-C

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 3526 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4493

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review