All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Stomach rumbly, nauseous & can't tell if I need to eat or not...
      #214079 - 09/17/05 08:38 PM
Shelli73

Reged: 05/11/05
Loc: Georgia, USA

I've felt so bad all day today. There were several times where it felt like my stomach was empty & growling like I needed to eat, but I felt nauseous & kind of flushed at the same time. I don't have to deal with nausea very often with my IBS, so I'm a bit confused. After drinking several cups of peppermint tea & eating some crackers tonight, I'm feeling a bit better. But I still can't tell what's going on with my stomach now, and how to treat it, what to eat, etc. I had my miniature poodle laying on top of me earlier today, and my stomach started rumbling & moving & he popped his head up & just stared at my stomach...it was kind of funny!
It's weird & hard to explain to someone who hasn't dealt with it before...but I can't tell if I'm hungry or sick to my stomach. I'm afraid to eat much.

--------------------
Shelli - Wife & stay at home mom to 1 son, 1 dog & 2 parrots! IBS-A, usually C.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Stomach rumbly, nauseous & can't tell if I need to eat or not... new
      #214081 - 09/17/05 08:59 PM
atomic rose

Reged: 06/01/04
Loc: Maine (IBS-A stable since July '05!)

It sounds counterproductive, but definitely keep eating. I had to deal with nausea A LOT with my IBS, and believe it or not, an empty stomach makes the nausea worse. If all you feel you can stomach is crackers or toast, just eat that - but do keep nibbling, it's better than nothing at all.

Also, I've found that ginger tea is MUCH better for nausea than peppermint. Ginger in general is excellent for nausea, so even if you don't go with the tea, sucking on ginger Altoids might even make you feel better.

I definitely know that "can't tell if I'm hungry or sick" feeling all too well. Hope you feel better soon!

Me too... new
      #214111 - 09/18/05 09:02 AM
Augie

Reged: 10/27/04
Loc: Illinois

Am I hungry or am I sick????? I just eat by remote control right now. If I only ate when I felt good, I'd be even smaller than I am now.

And Casey has encouraged me to keep eating, despite the C and feeling yucky. I guess food is necessary to keep the tummy from spasing because it is too empty. Plus, the C is suppose to get worse when you don't eat enough. I know when I was eating close to 2800 calss, I had more BMs...but I was also eating whole wheat, apples with skins, coffee, prunes, All Bran cereal....

--------------------
~ Beth
Constipation, pain prodominent,cramps, spasms and bloat!

#214804 - 09/20/05 04:40 PM
anlikerm

Reged: 09/16/05
Loc: NC

I am feeling like this RIGHT NOW!! I'm nauseous and don't feel like eating and my stomach is rumbly, too!! I guess I should try to eat, huh??? I just don't fee like it. I had been doing well all day until about 7:00pm!! I didn't even have diarrhea, just nausea!! Maybe I will put on some Ginger Tea......
Michelle

--------------------
IBS-D. Hiatal Hernia, GERD
Unstable

#214810 - 09/20/05 04:54 PM
kitten

Reged: 09/18/05

you aren't on any kinds of birth control are you?

Re: Me too... new
      #214816 - 09/20/05 05:01 PM
anlikerm

I know how you feel!! Remote Control.........that is soo true with me right now, too!!! It's HORRIBLE!!!!

--------------------
Unstable

#214841 - 09/20/05 06:34 PM
SCgirl

Reged: 05/24/05
Loc: Charleston SC

I am glad some people feel like me on here. I actually logged on tonight to post something similar to this! I feel sick all the time lately and I am hungry at the same time..even like 10 mins after I eat..its really weird! This week too(this might be too much info) but I have been spotting before I was even supposed to have my period. So I dont know whats going on?! My horomones are all messed up I guess.

SCgirl.. new
      #214842 - 09/20/05 06:37 PM
Cyndy

Reged: 03/05/05

...sorry you are struggling with this. I thought the D.A. was helping you though. Don't tell me this product doesn't work anymore either. Does anything that works last? Zelnorm sure didn't.

#214843 - 09/20/05 06:39 PM
anlikerm

You're definitely not alone.....I have been like this all evening and don't know what to do........I don't spot thanks to the birth control but if I wasn't on it I would never have a cycle, so maybe you should get your hormones checked out. I had mine checked out when I quit taking the BC last time I got really sick and she said they were "COMPLETELY FINE", even though I NEVER HAVE A CYCLE!!! I don't know what that's all about!! heheheh.....
I hope you feel better soon!! I hope all of feels better soon!!!
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Re: SCgirl.. new
      #214845 - 09/20/05 06:41 PM
anlikerm

Hey SCgirl! No, it's not working for me anymore, either!! I don't know what happened!!! Maybe I thought it was the DA that was helping me when it was more than likely the Imodium I was taking.....I don't know. I still take it everyday, but I'm not better like I thought I was....I had a good few days there and then BAM, back to the beginning again........
Michelle

--------------------
Unstable

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

Extra information
0 registered and 1098 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5712

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review