All Boards >> Eating for IBS Diet Board

Posts     Flat       Threaded

Pages: 1
Colon spasm + Bladder spasm
      #1231 - 02/22/03 01:06 PM
shannon114

Reged: 02/02/03
Loc: Ireland

Hi,i hope someone can help me with a problem that i have.
I was back and forth to my DR for the best part of last year
prior to her finally admitting that i had IBS (c).All the years that have gone by with all the usual symptoms i just lived with them not knowing what the problem was,last year i started haveing Bladder spasms also,i would pass very little urine in a day and had pain low down as if someone had twisted my bladder,it would wake me from my sleep and i would go to the bathroom in pain feeling that i had a full bladder but still could only pass a small amount of urine.To make a long story short my DR advised me to make a record of how much fluid i took and how much i passed,i did this for a week and she sent me to have a Renal scan and pelvic scan,the scan showed there was nothing wrong and everything appeared normal,i was very happy with this but still had the problem.I was due back to see her but she was out sick and there was a very different DR standing in for her,he told me i had IBS and put me on antispasmodics,i could not believe that within a couple of hours my bladder was working normal due to the antispasmodics.I see now that when i have a spasm attack my bladder also goes into spasm.At this point in time spasms are very rare with me due to my diet.Can someone here identify with me on this or is my bladder spasm rare with IBS?
Appreciate your help on this,thank you.
Tina.

Print     Remind Me     Notify Moderator    

Re: Colon spasm + Bladder spasm new
      #1232 - 02/22/03 01:23 PM
SharShar

Reged: 01/30/03
Loc: Illinois

Yes, I can identify with you on this, but I can't actually feel the spasms in my bladder. I just have to go ALL the time. I also think my bladder (and IBS-D) is anxiety related. There are times when I am completely relaxed IE:sleeping, that I can hold it through the night. Other times, driving in a remote area w/no bathrooms, or at work when someone might notice just how many times I have to go to the bathroom, It seems like I have to go every 20 minutes. My husband just knows everytime we come up to a rest area or gas station to ask "should I stop?", you do bring up a very good point about the antisposmodic's, I do have them and never thought to take them when it seems to be a high bladder emptying day. I will do an experiment next time it happens. It is nice to be able to talk to someone other than my husband about this, thanks.
SharShar
P.S. Hansolo, is this yet another sign of OCD for me?

--------------------
Who knew life was possible with out chocolate?!!

#1233 - 02/22/03 01:59 PM
Leanne01

Reged: 02/03/03

Are you having the colon spasms too or just the bladder? Because I think I may have the colon spasms, and I'm taking Zelnorm. What do the spasms feel like? I have a shy bladder so if I 'hold it' for too long I'm not able to go.

#1236 - 02/22/03 02:31 PM
shannon114

Leanne, thank you for your reply.I have colon spasm and bladder spasm,I feel they are connected,as,if i eat food that i should not and i get spasm and bloating that is the time my bladder acts up,just cannot pass urine until i take an antispasmodic,in my case i feel the bladder problem is linked to IBS.I wonder if this is common in women?
Tina.

#1237 - 02/22/03 02:34 PM
shannon114

SharShar,thank you,i am still learning about all this.
Tina.

#1246 - 02/22/03 04:27 PM
Leanne01

Yeah I think its common because I have had this sort of problem as well. You and I are in the same boat, we both are still learning about all this.

#1250 - 02/23/03 03:33 AM
shannon114

Leanne,thanks so much,i thought i was alone with this.Can you tell me what way your ibs affects your bladder?
I am ibs (c)I have been fine following soluable diet but as i said if i don't follow and colon goes into spasm my bladder does also and unable to pass urine until i take an antispasmodic.Look forward to hearing from you.
Tina.

#1264 - 02/23/03 07:49 AM
Leanne01

I'm also IBS-C and my situation is a little different, and if I guzzle too much water all at once, my stomach will start gargling and I'm peeing every 10 minutes, and if I hold it too long, I can't always go. Which antispasmatic are you taking? I take Zelnorm. I would call your doctor tomorrow and see if you can talk to her over the phone or talk to the nurse and see what she says.

#1265 - 02/23/03 08:48 AM
shannon114

Thanks Leanne again.The name of the antispasmodic that i take is called Colofac.I have had Renal and Pelvic scans done recently and everything looks fine but i have an appointment to see a guiney next month,so i will have it checked out.My bladder works fine the more water i drink the more i go but when the colin and ibs is acting up i don't pass much urine ar all,so this is wher i wonder if it is connected to ibs.Thanks again Leanne.
Tina.

Pages: 1

Extra information
0 registered and 486 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  Heather 

Print Thread

Permissions
      You cannot post until you login
      You cannot reply until you login
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12003

Jump to

| Privacy statement Help for IBS Home

UBB.threads™ 6.2

HelpForIBS.com BBB Business Review