(Makes 6 servings)
This has a subtle but delicious flavor that really lets the zucchini shine through.
1 1/2 lbs zucchini, scrubbed and trimmed
1 small onion, chopped
1 1/2 Tablespoons soy margarine
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
grated parmesan soy cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 F; lightly spray a medium sized baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Slice the zucchini into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
3. Boil gently in salted water barely covering it, with the onion, for 7-10 minutes, or until tender.
4. Drain in a colander.
5. Add the margarine, poppy seeds, and seasonings; mix together, and place in the prepared baking dish.
6. Sprinkle all over with Parmesan soy cheese; bake uncovered for 30 minutes.
Adapted slightly from a recipe by Hey Jude at www.recipezaar.com
LEGAL DISCLAIMER - This website is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice. You should not use the information on this web site for diagnosing or treating a medical or health condition. If you have or suspect you have an urgent medical problem, promptly contact your professional healthcare provider.