This bread is similar to Heather's Pumpkin Apple Spice Bread, but just different enough that I thought I'd share it anyway. I made it this past weekend using IBS-safe modifications for the first time, and it turned out fabulous! I think it's the moistest bread I've ever had.
Harvest Pumpkin Apple Bread
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
3 cups granulated sugar
1 (15.00 ounces) can pumpkin puree (such as Libby's)
8 egg whites, or 1 cup Egg Beaters
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup apple juice (or water - I used apple juice)
1 large baking apple, peeled, cored and diced (such as Granny Smith)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease and flour two 9 x 5-inch loaf pans.
3. Combine flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
4. Combine sugar, pumpkin, egg whites, vegetable oil, applesauce, and apple juice in large mixer bowl; beat until just blended.
5. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
6. Fold in apples.
7. Spoon batter into prepared loaf pans.
8. Bake for 65 to 70 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
9. Cool in pans on wire racks for 10 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
10. To make using three 8 X 4-inch loaf pans: Prepare as above and bake for 60 to 65 minutes.
11. To make using five or six 5 X 3-inch mini-loaf pans: Prepare as above and bake for 55 to 60 minutes.